We arrived late at night after a short drive from the Langdale ferry terminal (*bonus: you only pay one way on the ferry to the Sunshine Coast - there is no fare for the return voyage). The staff at the front desk greeted us, quickly checked us in and made sure we knew where our tent was. (Yes, tent. Tenthouse to be exact.)
When we opened the door to our tent we were stunned; the fireplace was on, the lights were set and the floor was already warm. It was very inviting. That night we fell asleep to the sound of the rain against the tent.
The next morning we woke to yet another stunning sight; the view of Secret Cove and islands in the distance. It was hard to get out of bed and even harder to pack our bags.
There must have been a lot of thought put into the design of the tent houses. It seems like every little detail had been thought out; from the instructions on how to keep the tent warm and cozy (there are heated slate floors and a fireplace), to the games box and books to read. The room (or tent) consisted of a ensuite bathroom, a deluxe shower with a huge rain shower fixture, a huge hydrotherapy bath tub, table, chairs, mini fridge, huge bed, and patio with furniture. This is not 'roughing' it, or 'rustic' - it is nicer than most hotel rooms.
On our way to the front desk we spoke with one of your housekeepers in front of our unit. She was very friendly and her cheery greeting set a wonderful tone for the day.
Unfortunately, we were unable to have a meal at your restaurant but the menu looked great. I know that if we are ever in the area we will definitely stop in and give it a try.
The location is a great resting point for those on a weekend getaway up the Sunshine Coast.
Waking up in the morning to the fresh sea air after a peaceful sleep in a very inviting tenthouse makes this a must-stay experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay, Sunshine Coast