“Beauty + Spirit + Luxery = Halfmoon Haven”
Check Availability

Reviews from our community

Any
Chaman M
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Beauty + Spirit + Luxery = Halfmoon Haven”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Its a simple equation really. You walkin and see a wonderfully crafted stone fireplace seperating the two common areas with slidng window doors enticing you to get on the balcony. From here you have an epic view. Your eyes are drawn to the mountains accross the shimmering water, the closer to the beach just beyond the flourishing landscape below you and you glance to your let and see a hottub with your name all over it!
\You then jump into your swim trunks and on the way outside and down the stairs on the left of the cottage, you are blessed to be greeted by a PLUS 500 year old tree that lightly bleeds drops of sap which you are enticed to dab your fingure on and taste. It has this unique peppertmintish - vixck vapo-rub taste and is medicinal in an extremelty positive way (taste wise and energy wise). Its a if the wisdom of the tree has become a part of you on some level.

This buzz from the sap has you float down the stairs and soak in a hot tub which looks at the same view as the pattio, but from a completely different light, with a different angle and perspective.

IT is IMPECABLE! The Lomi Lomi masssage for me was an experience of existing as a bulb o light.... one of my colleauges from Vancouver Film School went thousand of years into the universe, while the other when deep into the universe inside himself.

HIGHLY Recommend experiences the love and beauty at halfmoon haven. I went with sic others and every single person said they will defintiely be back. WE will probably have our grad party there too!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The 500 Plus year old tree, the lomi lomi massage and the hottub.
Liked least: Honeslty cat tihnk of anything. I put that on my life.
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 21, 2012
Dear Chaman,
Thank you so much for your kind and gracious review. Jenn and I feel so much gratitude when we hear that our guests have received such a fulfilling vacation. We would love to have you back for your Grad gathering, you could make use of our 800 square foot Yurt by the old growth tree, as well as our on-site catering services with either out 5 star chef or organic cook , both offer great food and service.
Looking forward to seeing you and your friends again.

Chris and Jenn
Dorothy B
Surrey, Canada
“A bit of paradise”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

I was recently at a beautiful vacation rental on the Sunshine Coast, B.C. It is called Halfmoon Haven and is a haven for anyone who needs to be restored, healed and inspired. The setting is so beautiful it takes your breath away. It is located on Welcome Beach, the best beach on the Sunshine Coast. The owners, Chris and Jenn Fletcher were very welcoming and gave us a tour of the property. There is a lovely cottage on the beach and another rental up at the top of the large lot. We were given a delightful breakfast basket, complete with bread, homemade jam, coffee, fruit and fresh market eggs. As we were enjoying the hot tub eagles were circling above us. I saw Orca whales in the bay and another woman said she had just seen dolphins and sea lions the week before. There is also a large yurt for rent for groups and I am thinking of taking my women’s group there. We went on some hikes nearby, such as to Smuggler’s Cove where the beavers are building their dams. Jenn is a massage therapist and trained in Hawaii in lomi lomi massage. It was such a healing experience to have a massage from her in her lovely studio. This is on the top of my list for a beautiful vacation experience. I can highly recommend it.

Liked best: The beautiful beach
Liked least: it rained one day
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 1, 2012
Did you also know that Welcome Beach is considered by most locals to be the best beach on the Sunshine Coast, as well as having 7-14 more days of Sunshine then Hawaii, due our our micro climate. It is also a great spot to see Grey Whales in the summer time.
Vancouver
Reviewed March 15, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Mar 15, 2012
The star are truly magical in the bay.
gc15982
Vancouver, Canada
“B&B - Beggin' for Breakfast”
Reviewed December 21, 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Dec 19-21: We had purchased a groupon for 2 nights in the suite, a "breakfast basket", and two $50 credit towards any spa service. From the start, there were difficulties communicating with Chris. Left a message on the actual property number & never got a call back until I called his cell. That seemed to be the only number where they were receiving calls. Questions asked via email & a supposed confirmation of the booking were never answered nor received. They have miscommunication between themselves as we had originally booked the cottage, but Jenn, his wife, had already booked it for a family & so we went with the suite.

No problems finding the suite - very clear info on website. However, owners were not on site, but property manager was - again, not informed about this & did call up the owner - & found property manager who was showing other guests the cottage. Not much of a welcome from the manager & she had no idea about our breakfast basket or our spa services, (Previous phone call with Chris had said massages would be from 11-1pm the next day.) She said that Jenn would be coming in from Vancouver that night & would talk to us about it.

We enjoyed a short walk through Sechelt then headed back for dinner in & enjoyed the pool table & hot tub. The next morning, 9am & still no breakfast basket so I called up Chris. He was apologetic & called up Jenn who was immediately at our door. (He said that she got in from the ferry at 10 & saw our lights off so she didn't come to talk to us. I think a phone call earlier in the evening would've sufficed if she was going to come in late?) Jenn was apologetic as it was supposed to be the property manager's job to have the basket there at the time we arrived. So Jenn was off in a friend's car into town to gather what she could for us (pb, jam, fruits, eggs, bread, juice) & she also later came up with some cream for our coffee.

Then there was miscommunication about our massages - Chris had said 11-1pm & Jenn said 9am. Hmm...so my husband hurriedly ate something & went for his massage. (Positive note: he loved his massage which made me glad we went with this deal.) I cancelled my massage as I just didn't feel the right vibe & Jenn refused to transfer my credit to cover my husband's massage. I was thinking that that little gesture would've smoothed things over with all the miscommunication & inconveniences, but that didn't happen.

After our 2nd night, in the morning we cleaned up after ourselves by putting out recycling, garbage, running the dishwasher, putting away the dishes, and everything else asked for by the owners. We wish that we were treated just as well by them.

Overal, my ideal retreat & getaway would not include all this miscommunication, inconvenience & negative /nervous energy of having to deal with details like these. It would've been nice to receive some information that reminded us of the time the massages were booked along with the wireless internet code in the breakfast basket. (We kept forgetting to ask for the code.) FYI: Regardless of the special groupon for a breakfast basket, their website does say a "self-catered breakfast of cereal, coffee, tea & juice" - only coffee & tea were available.

I would recommend this location to friends & family if they were not going based on any special deals or coupons as it seems that you would be begging for things you're paying for.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, peaceful location; hot tub
Liked least: Miscommunication, inconsistent communication via email, lack of some amenities as outlined on website
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. This was the first time we have every done a Social Shopper Voucher and were not fully prepared with the voucher offers. I am so glad it did work out in the end and your husband loved his massage.
After your feedback we got the kinks worked out and our assistant Lesley supplied all 50 breakfast baskets to the Social Shopper guests with efficiency. We have been rated the most booked out accommodations on the Coast because we are always looking at improving our quality and standard to make our guest feel like they have had the best stay ever.

So thanks again for all your valuable input.

Chris and Jenn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing