All reviews home away from home slice of paradise big table shared kitchen open kitchen great hosts place to stay gili islands easy access stayed longer other guests peace and quiet central location beautiful island amazing place lovely pool other hotels
Reviewed November 8, 2016

For my first time in Indonesia I decided to go to the island paradise that is Gili Air. What could be better than chilling out at Villa Nangka to complete this thought. It is a very nice personal hotel with a nice pool and open kitchen area where hot and cold drinks can be found any time of day. The owners are great and more than happy to chill out with a beer during the evening with you and the staff, Dan, Hendra and Pudja are fantastic, they know all the good local spots for food, both local and otherwise, all are approachable and create a very personal service for you (they will remember what drinks you like and make it when they see you quite happily). When I return to the Gili Islands there is no other place I would stay.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed November 7, 2016

This place really is a gem in the middle of the island! I stayed for almost 3 weeks and had an amazing time! This is due to the hosts and the staff who took such good care of me, made me feel welcome and gave me good advice on where to go or what to do on this beautiful little island. Also, the rooms are clean, spacious and decorated very nicely.

This place might be still a secret - but it won't be for long!

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

I stayed for one month at Villa Nangka and enjoyed every day of it. The central pool, surrounded by the Villas, is a nice spot to hang out with friends and the many trees provide plenty of shade and a garden feeling. Probably my best experience was the interaction with the three maintenance staff members Hendra, Puja and Dan, who are really friendly and supportive and even took me to their home in Lombok.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2016

Nangka is definitely one of the best places to stay on the island. I spent a month living in Nangka. There is a very homey environment with all the travellers, and the hosts are super helpful and lovely. There is also a pool which is a massive bonus, and it's in the mdidle of the island so nothing is more than a 15 minute walk away. All the bedding is clean, and most days Rose makes breakfast (which is probably better than any hotel breakfast you'll ever have). There is wifi and a generator so when there is a power cut (which regularly happens), you will always have power. I couldn't recommend a better place to stay on the island.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed October 7, 2016

I stayed in the bungalow which was large, clean and had a nice open shower. The room was cleaned every day. The three boys were very welcoming and whould help whenever needed. We chatted a lot and played uno in the evenings. I would definitely recommend the place and go back nex time.

Thanks for the great time!

Room tip: the bungalow was nice, air conditioned and had an open shower.