“BIG mistake by waiter at the end!”
Review of Sunrise Beachclub

Sunrise Beachclub
Ranked #28 of 72 Restaurants in Gili Air
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French, Fusion
Description: Gili Air is a pristine jewel set in the Bali Sea, situated in one of the most picturesque locations on Earth. To the East, the majestic crater rim of Lombok’s Mount Rinjani, provides a picturesque backdrop to a stunning sunrise. To the West, the sun sinks behind the perfect cone of Bali’s Mt Agung.
Baku, Azerbaijan
“BIG mistake by waiter at the end!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We really enjoyed this restaurant - the food was great and the service was good. There was a Scottish guy at the start of our visit helping people to seats. We ordered drinks and a full meals. The waiter then asked if we would like our bill as the food was eaten but my drink only half finished. We said yes and when he returned he tried to kick us out saying they were busy! I was truly shocked! Great food and service but definitely soured by the extraordinary end to the meal! I had come to use the wifi and wanted to finish. Well I have now finished by writing this review! As I say - we we served promptly and we stayed only a short time. He ensured the stay was even shorter!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Davidazerbaijan

Montreal, Canada
“Awesome breakfast”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Best pain doré ever. This ocean front restaurant serves great fusion food. You will not be disappointed. Its nice, the staff is kind, you cant ask for more.

Visited July 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Like most restaurants on Gili Air, Le Cirque is situated adjacent to the beach with nice views to Lombok.

It's colorfully lit during the evening and tables and chairs are distressed timber/shabby chic which adds to the casual island ambience.

The menu preamble states that their much celebrated french chef is residing in the kitchen but wasn't available on this particular evening. No surprise really.

A few of the dishes on the menu sounded french but there wasn't much typically french except for a couple of terrines and a few classic desserts.
Nevertheless, it was a good menu with a section devoted entirely to salads, foods from 'the archipelago', a kids menu and interesting items such as lobster lasagne.

My cauliflower,asparagus and smoked salmon soup for starter was surprisingly good.
Unfortunately the duck parmentier was unavailable so had the lamb chops instead. My fellow diners ordered some tasty bruschettas, a nasi goreng and an octopus salad.

We didn't bother with desserts.

Surprisingly the wine list had multiple choices from just about everywhere except France which had a single offering.

Service, although attentive, suffered from the usual language barriers.

I would come back to Le Cirque again.

• Visited May 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Beautifull view while you eat”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I always love beach. In Gili Air this pklace is one of restaurant that have beautifull view and served halal food. You can choose table on front row so you can see beautifull view while you eat. The price is quite expensive but I think it's ok.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Made me sick”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have severe gluten and dairy intolerance. I asked if they had soya milk, ordered an iced coffee with soya milk ("No milk, no cream, no ice cream please. I get very sick"). The response was positive. The drink came out, I triple checked with the waiter: "Only soya milk, yes?". He assured me it was. After I'd consumed almost half the glass, I felt extremely unwell and took it back to the bar where they admitted they hadn't been told by the waiter of my allergy and had used dairy milk and ice cream. I couldn't eat much lunch and was very sick all afternoon. The most frustrating part is that I checked before, during and after and was reassured of a lie - the waiter just didn't bother to check laughed with the other waiters afterwards. I'll never go back.

• Visited June 2014