“Good if you like looking at SAND”
Review of Scuba Froggy Gili Air - CLOSED

Scuba Froggy Gili Air
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Froggy is a small, highly customer focused dive company based on Lombok and the Gili Islands in Indonesia. Scuba Froggy works with high end hotel partners and can be found in Novotel in Kuta, Sheraton in Senggigi and Hotel Gili Air on Gili Air island. This page is for our Gili Air operation.Gili Air is the perfect place to get away from the modern world. There are no motor vehicles on the island, no cars and no motorbikes! The main forms of transport are walking, bicycle and the iconic Cidomo (a small horse drawn carriage). You can walk around the island in just ninety minutes and you can spend hours just wandering the little paths that criss-cross the island. There are plenty of chickens running free on the island, with cows a common sight too. There’s even the occasional goat. This really is a world away from your busy and hectic lives. The local Sasak people are genuinely friendly and welcoming. There is none of the hassle from shop keepers and hawkers that spoil some of the other Indonesian holiday hot spots.With great snorkeling straight off the beaches and over 20 dives sites surrounding the 3 Gili Islands this is the perfect place to spend your hard earned vacation time. The Gili Islands are a great place to start your diving adventures. With amazing marine life and lots of turtles you are sure to have an amazing time. There are also plenty of deeper dives for the more advanced divers.Scuba Froggy is the ideal choice if you want to get away from the crowds. With small dive groups and small class sizes you can be assured of lots of attention from our fully qualified and experienced PADI dive staff. With daily dive trips and PADI courses and experiences starting at times convenient for you, Scuba Froggy will aim to make your stay on Gili Air unforgettable.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good if you like looking at SAND”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

On my 40th birthday on the 26-11-13 my wife and I went diving with this mob.
As we were staying at the Sheraton and had read good reviews about scuba froggy and we decided to give them a go. Myself and my wife are both experienced divers( I have my own boat and dive all the time at home in western australia I have also spent 12 years working on crayfishing, charter vessels up and down the coast) and i was looking forward to diving at the Gili islands off Lombok. Being my 40th b,day we booked with scuba sucky and hence got thouroughly ripped off. What a waste of $160 US.
We were advised to be at the loby of our hotel at 8.45am for pick up at 9am. 9.15 and came and went then another couple that were looking woried asked us if we were going diving with the said provider. We got talking and they were going to do an introductory dive, on the same tour!!
The staff were freindly enough on the trip from senggegi but once we got on the boat and met the dive master Herman he explained to us that the vis wasnt the best as the recent rains had dirtied up the water, thats ok I said you cant help that.
Once we got to Gili Air where scuba froggy have their on site dive office/ instructional pool we dropped off the other couple so they could go and do thier intro dive course They had never dived before but wanted to give it a go.(As it was low tide they had to wade through thigh height water for about 100 metres to get to the island. This consisted of sharp coral and rocks which we not advised about before we left. Apropriate foot wear would have been advisable as there are stone fish in the area. If this was not though, the guys from scuba froggy came out to meet the boat and as I was standing on the roof taking photos I then heard the older British fella say to his offsider that the couple of Indians they would be teaching would be lucky to get their heads wet as they are pretty useless and cant even swim. I found this quite derogatory as I am also of Indian decent. Funny enough though they were US citizens that have lived in Michigan for 20 years and have travelled the world probably more extensivley than old mate that dosnt like the water colder than 28 degreee's .
Then we went diving . I was led to believe that we would be going to dive on a wreck in about 25 meters of water about 40 minutes away from Gili Air so it was a suprise that just 500 meters from were we had dropped of the others that we we diving. Herman jump over the side to test the current which there was none to determine our entry point for our first dive. We geared up and and went down. The next 35 minutes consited of looking at sand! Sand isnt very intresting.We eventually got to the wall and then had to surface, worst dive ever.
After that were were taken back to the Island, walked over the coral to the beach to scuba froggy HQ,and were prompltly sent on our way( no lunch no water no service) and told to meet back down the beach at 1pm. 1 pm came and went as we were sitting on a log out the front of another scuba provider(They took pity on us and let use their pool to cool of in) They eventually came and got us and we headed out 2nd dive at about 2pm. We got on the boat thinking we were on our way then headed back in to pick up the others. So because we were running so late we just went to the closet spot possible. Same as the first. SAND
This was by far the worst dive charter I have ever been on. I did talk to the Fella at the Scuba Froggy office at the Sheraton the next day and he was suprised and said he would find out why the day was so bad as the always get good reviews. I walked passed him for the next 3 days and he never gave me an explination. I just think that they are lazy and cant be bothered.
They have a lot of first time divers and when they get someone that wants a good dive they take their money make promises and then cant be stuffed.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Chongoman
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hello Chongoman,

Thanks for your time to share your experience with us.

I would like in the first place to apologize in the name of Scuba Froggy for such an horrible day as it seems to be an horrible one as you describe it.

Staff concerned have been sanctionned after we found out what went wrong on that day. Be inform that the "fella at Sheraton" is the general manager of Scuba Froggy and he did gave me straight all information. Unfortunately in Indonesia having all information in order to take action can take time and I do think that's why the so called fella didn't gave you any news in the few days following your trip.

Few things should be clarified as the trip started on time and not late that day as everyday.
We do have a lot of experienced divers joinning us on daily trip and some regular divers all happy of our services but as hard as we try we cannot make sea as clear as we want to and as warm as we want to. For that I only can't do anything as we don't control sea and weather conditions.

Dive guide have made a mistake that day we admit it and he have been sanctionned for that.

The walk to go to Gili Air island isn't made of stone fish or scorpion fish at all and I've never see even one on 4 years of work here. Due to tide we can't always reach the beach. This walk is made of sand and dead coral (corals that are easy to avoid). Far from the survival race you seem to describe.

I can easily understand how deeply disappointed you are after such a bad experience however I don't see any obligation to add some tragedy in order to make things look even worst.

There are days with and some without, it seems that the day you choose for your trip was a day without and once again I do apologize for that hoping to meet you in a near future and show you what services we usually offer.

Sunny regards,

• Polish first
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
“Amazing staff!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Gareth and rest of you guys! I can imagine that even my grandma would go dive with you! Thanks for amazing time, great place, lot of fun.... YES, diving with you is no more than just fun!!!! Hope to see you again on Gili or anyway else in diving world....
Scuba Froggy is not recommended - is a MUST on Gili Air!

Visited November 2013
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello Marek K,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

It would be a pleasure for us to initiate your grandma to diving!

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy your dives with us and we do hope to see you soon to share some more good times.

Sunny regards,
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great scuba instructor and guide”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been at Gili Air Hotel and decided to go once under water. The reef was amazing and our instructor Gareth was absolutely greatest you can imagine. While being little scared as I was doing it for the first time he was so helpful and peaceful that we decided to to OWD course. Amazing time, learning but doing with important feeling of comfort and security. We definitely recommend the place.

ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Karolina K,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy your days with us and we hope to meet you soon to share some more bubbles.

Sunny regards and safe dives,
Melbourne
“amazing 4 days diving with Scuba Froggy!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I recently did my PADI Open Water dive course with Scuba Froggy and I have to say it is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I booked with Farid at the Sheraton beach counter, however completed my training on Gili Air. Farid was fantastic to speak with and was really helpful in getting everything organised for me to start my training on Gili Air with my dive instructor Gareth. Gareth is the best dive instructor you will meet - he's professional, extremely patient (even with my silly questions!), up for a laugh and makes you feel really comfortable. He's given me confidence and passion to keep diving, thanks Gareth! Overall, the whole team at Scuba Froggy are fantastic, I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to go diving in the gilis, learn to dive, or even a snorkelling trip. Hopefully I'll be back again!

Visited October 2013
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello Laura V,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy your course with all our team and that you appreciate being with them.

Hope to see you soon to share some more dives and why not next time take the next step to the Advanced OWD course.

Safe bubbles,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“SCUBA FROGGY IS THE BEST!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you're looking to dive on the Gili Islands look no futher than Scuba Froggy on Gili Air. Myself and my friend came here in August 2013 with no previous diving experience. Before we went out we didn't really care who we dived with so we both just started emailing companies and after we got a response for Gareth at Scuba Froggy we knew we had found the right place! I had about 1 million questions that Gareth patiently answered for me over the weeks and weeks I spent emailing him! Once we got there 3 of us spent 3 days doing pool work and open dives...followed by a few beers in the evening of course! We saw some awesome things but the experience wouldn't have been the same without such a great team! We laughed the whole time! Thanks Gareth and Erin.... you were awesome!!!!

Visited August 2013
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello Rachel R,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

We are pleased to read that you enjoy your stay with us and Gareth will be very happy to read it as well.

Hope to see you soon under Lombok sun to share some more bubbles and good memories.