“SCUBA FROGGY IS THE BEST!”
Review of Scuba Froggy Gili Air - CLOSED

Scuba Froggy Gili Air
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Froggy is a small, highly customer focused dive company based on Lombok and the Gili Islands in Indonesia. Scuba Froggy works with high end hotel partners and can be found in Novotel in Kuta, Sheraton in Senggigi and Hotel Gili Air on Gili Air island. This page is for our Gili Air operation.Gili Air is the perfect place to get away from the modern world. There are no motor vehicles on the island, no cars and no motorbikes! The main forms of transport are walking, bicycle and the iconic Cidomo (a small horse drawn carriage). You can walk around the island in just ninety minutes and you can spend hours just wandering the little paths that criss-cross the island. There are plenty of chickens running free on the island, with cows a common sight too. There’s even the occasional goat. This really is a world away from your busy and hectic lives. The local Sasak people are genuinely friendly and welcoming. There is none of the hassle from shop keepers and hawkers that spoil some of the other Indonesian holiday hot spots.With great snorkeling straight off the beaches and over 20 dives sites surrounding the 3 Gili Islands this is the perfect place to spend your hard earned vacation time. The Gili Islands are a great place to start your diving adventures. With amazing marine life and lots of turtles you are sure to have an amazing time. There are also plenty of deeper dives for the more advanced divers.Scuba Froggy is the ideal choice if you want to get away from the crowds. With small dive groups and small class sizes you can be assured of lots of attention from our fully qualified and experienced PADI dive staff. With daily dive trips and PADI courses and experiences starting at times convenient for you, Scuba Froggy will aim to make your stay on Gili Air unforgettable.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you're looking to dive on the Gili Islands look no futher than Scuba Froggy on Gili Air. Myself and my friend came here in August 2013 with no previous diving experience. Before we went out we didn't really care who we dived with so we both just started emailing companies and after we got a response for Gareth at Scuba Froggy we knew we had found the right place! I had about 1 million questions that Gareth patiently answered for me over the weeks and weeks I spent emailing him! Once we got there 3 of us spent 3 days doing pool work and open dives...followed by a few beers in the evening of course! We saw some awesome things but the experience wouldn't have been the same without such a great team! We laughed the whole time! Thanks Gareth and Erin.... you were awesome!!!!

ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Hello Rachel R,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

We are pleased to read that you enjoy your stay with us and Gareth will be very happy to read it as well.

Hope to see you soon under Lombok sun to share some more bubbles and good memories.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are looking for a scuba dive center In gili air with professional instructors, go to SCUBA FROGGY located on gili air resort hotel on the beach ! They have pool to prepare your Open Water Dive and own boat. Good and clean equipment fully furnished will make your dives safe and enjoyable. Special thanks to Farid (French) Garett ( Welsch) and Herman ( Indonesian) for theirs "good eyes" and knowledge which make your dives unforgettable!
Manuel @ Martin from Nice

ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Hello Manueldefrance,

Thanks for your kind review.

I'm very happy to read that you enjoy your day with us.
I'll forward to Gareth, Farid and Herman your comment as I'm sure they will be pleased to read it.

Hope to see you soon to share some more dives under Lombok soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and i recently spent a few days diving with Scuba Froggy on Gili Air. We're both qualified (Open Water/Advanced), but hadn't dived for a few years, so were keen to do a refresher course. We spoke to a few of the dive companies on Gili Air, but Gareth at Froggy was great in emphasising that the point of the refresher was to make sure we felt comfortable during our dive, rather than just a tick-box exercise to cover their backs. We had a really useful pool session with DM Erin, before going out on a refresher dive (we did 4 dives in total with them, with both Erin and Gareth).

We had a fantastic experience with Scuba Froggy. As others have said, good facilities, we were made to feel very welcome, and Gareth and Erin were great to dive with. We were probably quite lucky in that we dived in small groups (only my wife and I and whoever was taking us out), though I think Froggy aim for small groups anyway. Gareth and Erin were great at pointing out wildlife,and making sure we were happy/comfortable etc. I'd strongly recommend Scuba Froggy to anyone - diving with a smaller company definitely made it feel like a more 'individual' experience. If anyone is staying/visiting Air, it's well worth the 20-30 minute walk up the coast from the harbour to speak to Froggy, rather than just going with one of the companies based on the busier, south-east end of the island.

Hello Robin W,

Thanks for your time to write us a review.

Glad to see that you enjoyed your day with us. As a matter of fact our place is willingly remote and as you point out we aim for small group and quiet boat.

Hope to see you soon to share some more bubbles in our warm waters.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I just had a few days in Gilli Air and did a refresher dive at Froggy with Erin as guide. We encountered some of the very strong currents for which the region is famous, and (being old and unfit) I used a lot of air and ended-up sharing with her, which was fine. She is not only a very competent divemaster, she has a lovely personality and makes you feel very safe and relaxed. My non-diving partner Jean was allowed to tag along and do a bit of snorkelling free of charge. Another man was diving with his young daughter, and commented on how well Erin looked afer them.

The equipment looked new and well-maintained, and the ladder for getting back into the boat was one of the best and most comfortable I have ever used (an important consideration when your acrobatic days are over).

I tried to sign up for a further dive the following day, but as I was the only one interested they weren't able to arrange it. This is a small and very laid-back outfit, where you can be sure of being listened-to and getting personal attention. It's a bit isolated, on the opposite side of the island from most of the dive centres, which means it misses out on a lot of the passing trade and the boat doesn't go out every day, particularly in low season, but for the service offered and the relaxed atmosphere it's well worth going out of your way to find it.

1  Thank David G

Hello David G,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

An acrobatic ladder could be an interesting challenge but we stop this kind of activities long time ago for some more comfortable daily trip.

Hope to see you soon to share some more dives and snorkeling under Lombok sun.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I are living in Indonesia and because of a previous good experience with Scuba Froggy Lombok, we wanted to try out Gili Air. The dive shop is located at the Gili Air hotel, which is set on a beautiful beach setting, with a bar, restaurant, and a beautiful swimming pool. The hotel rooms are little bungalows. They have air conditioning and are very clean and basic. All you need while you're living on a tiny island. This island doesn't have any cars or motor bikes so it's incredibly peaceful, however, it boast many different lounges and beach bars so there's always somewhere to go out. You get around via horse and buggy or on a pedal bike. It's lots of fun!

Gareth runs Scuba Froggy over here and he is the driving force behind my boyfriend and I coming back, as well as the reason for us wanting to further our certifications. He makes every trip out incredibly fun and entertaining, but while also maintaining the utmost professionalism. I have never felt safer diving with any other instructor. He's also a pro at fish identification and has a wicked eye for spotting different types of aquatic life, so you'll never miss out on anything. Their boat is very nice, big and clean with an upper deck to get some sun if you desire. The Scuba Froggy team has exceedingly high standards so they only take small groups, and know everyone by name. When we came back a second time they remembered us and greeted us with hugs. It's that little extra personal feeling that you really don't get very many places.

We had planned to stay on Gili Air for just a couple days and have now been here for more than a week. Because of Gareth I am now strongly looking in to becoming a dive master. I was originally a very nervous diver and through working with him, have significantly built up my confidence. I don't want to leave this island and if I do, I KNOW I will be coming back.

Whether you're traveling solo, a couple, a family or a group of friends, I would highly recommend spending a week diving here with Gareth, on Gili AIr.

ScubaGee72, Manager at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to dive with you guys. To see the huge leaps in confidence and self-belief you have made is what makes doing this job such a treat. Scuba Froggy as a company believes in going the extra mile and we are so happy that it makes a difference and is appreciated by our guests. Fingers crossed you'll be back soon to do your Dive Master training.