“A small and relaxed dive centre where you will be well looked-after”
Review of Scuba Froggy Gili Air - CLOSED

Scuba Froggy Gili Air
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Froggy is a small, highly customer focused dive company based on Lombok and the Gili Islands in Indonesia. Scuba Froggy works with high end hotel partners and can be found in Novotel in Kuta, Sheraton in Senggigi and Hotel Gili Air on Gili Air island. This page is for our Gili Air operation.Gili Air is the perfect place to get away from the modern world. There are no motor vehicles on the island, no cars and no motorbikes! The main forms of transport are walking, bicycle and the iconic Cidomo (a small horse drawn carriage). You can walk around the island in just ninety minutes and you can spend hours just wandering the little paths that criss-cross the island. There are plenty of chickens running free on the island, with cows a common sight too. There’s even the occasional goat. This really is a world away from your busy and hectic lives. The local Sasak people are genuinely friendly and welcoming. There is none of the hassle from shop keepers and hawkers that spoil some of the other Indonesian holiday hot spots.With great snorkeling straight off the beaches and over 20 dives sites surrounding the 3 Gili Islands this is the perfect place to spend your hard earned vacation time. The Gili Islands are a great place to start your diving adventures. With amazing marine life and lots of turtles you are sure to have an amazing time. There are also plenty of deeper dives for the more advanced divers.Scuba Froggy is the ideal choice if you want to get away from the crowds. With small dive groups and small class sizes you can be assured of lots of attention from our fully qualified and experienced PADI dive staff. With daily dive trips and PADI courses and experiences starting at times convenient for you, Scuba Froggy will aim to make your stay on Gili Air unforgettable.
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A small and relaxed dive centre where you will be well looked-after”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I just had a few days in Gilli Air and did a refresher dive at Froggy with Erin as guide. We encountered some of the very strong currents for which the region is famous, and (being old and unfit) I used a lot of air and ended-up sharing with her, which was fine. She is not only a very competent divemaster, she has a lovely personality and makes you feel very safe and relaxed. My non-diving partner Jean was allowed to tag along and do a bit of snorkelling free of charge. Another man was diving with his young daughter, and commented on how well Erin looked afer them.

The equipment looked new and well-maintained, and the ladder for getting back into the boat was one of the best and most comfortable I have ever used (an important consideration when your acrobatic days are over).

I tried to sign up for a further dive the following day, but as I was the only one interested they weren't able to arrange it. This is a small and very laid-back outfit, where you can be sure of being listened-to and getting personal attention. It's a bit isolated, on the opposite side of the island from most of the dive centres, which means it misses out on a lot of the passing trade and the boat doesn't go out every day, particularly in low season, but for the service offered and the relaxed atmosphere it's well worth going out of your way to find it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank David G
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello David G,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

An acrobatic ladder could be an interesting challenge but we stop this kind of activities long time ago for some more comfortable daily trip.

Hope to see you soon to share some more dives and snorkeling under Lombok sun.

Guillaume.

• Polish first
canadia4
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Little island paradise”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I are living in Indonesia and because of a previous good experience with Scuba Froggy Lombok, we wanted to try out Gili Air. The dive shop is located at the Gili Air hotel, which is set on a beautiful beach setting, with a bar, restaurant, and a beautiful swimming pool. The hotel rooms are little bungalows. They have air conditioning and are very clean and basic. All you need while you're living on a tiny island. This island doesn't have any cars or motor bikes so it's incredibly peaceful, however, it boast many different lounges and beach bars so there's always somewhere to go out. You get around via horse and buggy or on a pedal bike. It's lots of fun!

Gareth runs Scuba Froggy over here and he is the driving force behind my boyfriend and I coming back, as well as the reason for us wanting to further our certifications. He makes every trip out incredibly fun and entertaining, but while also maintaining the utmost professionalism. I have never felt safer diving with any other instructor. He's also a pro at fish identification and has a wicked eye for spotting different types of aquatic life, so you'll never miss out on anything. Their boat is very nice, big and clean with an upper deck to get some sun if you desire. The Scuba Froggy team has exceedingly high standards so they only take small groups, and know everyone by name. When we came back a second time they remembered us and greeted us with hugs. It's that little extra personal feeling that you really don't get very many places.

We had planned to stay on Gili Air for just a couple days and have now been here for more than a week. Because of Gareth I am now strongly looking in to becoming a dive master. I was originally a very nervous diver and through working with him, have significantly built up my confidence. I don't want to leave this island and if I do, I KNOW I will be coming back.

Whether you're traveling solo, a couple, a family or a group of friends, I would highly recommend spending a week diving here with Gareth, on Gili AIr.

Visited March 2013
ScubaGee72, Manager at Scuba Froggy Gili Air, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to dive with you guys. To see the huge leaps in confidence and self-belief you have made is what makes doing this job such a treat. Scuba Froggy as a company believes in going the extra mile and we are so happy that it makes a difference and is appreciated by our guests. Fingers crossed you'll be back soon to do your Dive Master training.