“Very nice”
Review of Karang Divers - CLOSED

Karang Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a boutique dive shop on the lovely relaxed island of Gili Air, Indonesia. We pride ourselves on customer service. Our tours and courses are run with a maximum of four people so that we can keep our service personal, friendly and fun.Dante and Alex will be your instructors and they offer a complete range of Padi courses, they can take you from non-divers right up to professional rank of Divemaster. Gili Air offers a huge variety of dive sites, great reefs, drift dives, deep sites where we get to look for sharks and rays. Come along and enjoy some great diving, great training in a friendly atmosphere
Utrecht, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had a great time in Indonesia and my first dive made it perfect!
I felt really safe and the instructors were all very kind.
Excellent experience!

Visited July 2012
KarangDivers, Manager at Karang Divers, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hi there,

So glad you had a great time here on Gili Air...taking you for your first underwater adventure was a joy!

Here at Karang Divers, we really relax with first-time divers...that makes the whole experience less scary, and more fun! :)

Cheers for the great feedback,

and super glad your Indonesian excursion was a memorable one! :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Super Dive school”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Dante and Alex are super teachers. We loved spending time with them. We have done our Padi course at their school. My wife was scared of diving with a tank. But our teacher Dante helped her vere well. There are more diving schools on gili. But I advise everyone who wants some more attention and quality to go to Dante and Alex!!!!

Visited December 2011
KarangDivers, Manager at Karang Divers, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hi there Tad!

Great to hear from you,and many many thanks for your lovely feedback.

You were both such a fantastic couple to work with...even when the rain was lashing down, you got on with it and seemed to love every minute!

Its amazing that Khadija was able to overcome such great fears of the gear, and Dante and I were really proud she battled those demons :)

Spending time with you underwater, on the boat,and eating fine pizza at biba beach was a real joy, and we both loved hearing about your romantic runaway adventure...what an inspiring team you are :)

Thanks for choosing us over the other dive shops,

it was our pleasure!

Take care,

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome dive centre!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A friend and I had a great time doing our first discovery dive with Karang Divers on Gili Air! Another friend (who'd already got her PADI) joined us after the pool session, which meant we could all dive together in the open water!

The pool session was a fantastic opportunity to get used to the gear, and Alex (the instructor) put everyone at ease, and ran through each step individually. The staff and instructors were all very friendly, and it was great that the groups were a max. of 4 people!

A fantastic first dive experience in a beautiful setting! Thank you!

Visited July 2012
KarangDivers, Manager at Karang Divers, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Cheers Klara for the glowing feedback!

We are so glad you enjoyed your first experience (hopefully, you are determined to complete your course now?!?)

Diving is meant to be relaxed, safe and fun; we aim to deliver on all these points, all the time; but diving with travellers like you makes it an even easier job (job isn`t the right word...past-time more like it!)

As a matter of interest, all the dive shops on Gili Air operate a `small groups` policy of four max, and with everyone charging the same price, it means your decision can be based on what vibe you get when you chat to the dive centre; I guess I am just glad we made the best impression; especially after your frosty reception at another shop.

Take care and give my best to the guys!

Olen, Belgium
“Relax diving @ Karang Divers”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I dive 4 times with the crew of Karang Divers. They welcomed me very hapily in their shop. They provide a very nice service. Karang Divers is a smaller dive shop @ Gili Air. I like that. They only dive with small groups. My first 2 dives was with instructor Stephen. He took me to 2 nice spots close to Gili Air. 2nd time Alex was my instructor. Very good diving with many turtles, octopussies, sharks, bumphead parrotfishes, barracudas, tunas, ... They were both professional & good company. The gear is very good & well prepared. I had nothing to complain & can recommend them.

If you want to have a relax dive in small group, go to Karang Divers. They can do !!

Peter - Belgium

Visited August 2012
Hi Peter,

A big thank you from the team @ Karang Divers! as a new business, we always appreciate our guests help in spreading the word :)

It was a total pleasure diving with you (From Steve and I) and you are right, we do try and keep the whole thing relaxed and friendly; with so many dive shops on Gili Air, its easy to become competitive, but we shy away from that; not our style at all! )

We did see some AMAZING critters didn`t we; there are rumours that "the gilis are all dead-coral", but the dives we had are living proof this is nonsense! :)

Thank you for leaving such a warm review for us;

take care, and who knows,

maybe see you on Phi Phi one day? :)

Alex @ Karang Divers.
“First dive experience, awesome”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had only one day on gili air. So i could only do a one day experience dive. But that was great. Alex did a really good job instructing me, and made sure i spend the max amound of time seeing the beautiful world beneath the surface in a very safe way.

KarangDivers, Manager at Karang Divers, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Cheers for the super review Theo,

You are clearly a complete natural in the water, and taking you on your first dive one-on-one was easy-peesy :)

It was really great to be able to relax and take as long as we needed in the pool first; that happens all the time here at Karang Divers; why be in a rush on Gili Air?!?

Your enthusiasm was fantastic,and you pointed out as much as I did!!!! So thanks to you for a great dive! :)

Best wishes, and cheers for choosing Karang,

Alex @ Karang Divers!