“Home away from home :-)!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of H20 Yoga and Meditation Centre

H20 Yoga and Meditation Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the idyllic Island of Gili Air, Indonesia near Lombok and Bali - H2O Yoga and Meditation Centre is the ultimate Island escape. Sunrise, sunset, sea, sand, scuba, snorkeling and yoga...Nneed we say more?! We offer twice daily Yoga classes, introductory meditation and Chi Kung sessions, workshops, massage and a variety of holistic healing treatments. We also host Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Trainings as well as yoga and meditation retreats.
Sacramento, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Home away from home :-)!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My intention to stay at for only a few days at H20 (known simply as "Yoga" by the locals) turned into a 3 week stay. I was absolutely delighted to find yoga being offered on this small and enchanting island. There are signs all over Gili Air, which directed me to the doorstep of this magic yoga center. The yoga teachers are excellent and cater to people of all levels. H20 is only a short 10 minute walk to the beach and the offereings of many fine resturants or to the center of the village where you can have local foods at half the beach price. The staff and owner made me feel like I was part of the H20 family. I was only going to stay for a few days and ended up staying for 3 weeks. The room was very simple and basic but all that I needed for my stay. The room rates - generous for all that is available here. They also offered a hot water shower (not all the hotels offer hot water). As I left the island, beautiful new bungalows were being built at H20. New yoga and meditation retreats being offered. If staying at the center of the island is not ideal for you, make sure you drop in for the yoga classes that are offered 2 times a day, a body work session or a delicious Indian head massage. I can not wait to return to Gili Air and experience all the new offerings at H20 yoga!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Betty L

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Having only ever tried Yoga once before with disastrous consequences I was questioning my wisdom in seeking this place out. The sign said "Meditation and Yoga at 5.30pm" and I was going for more the meditation than the yoga. The class turned out to be a combination of both and by the end I was as relaxed as if I had had a massage. The class I went to was in the Anusara style but they do other styles as well and goes for 90 minutes. It's opposite Scallyways down a long laneway. Don't miss this as it really will be a highlight of your time in Gili Air.

3 Thank mishym00
Seattle, Washington, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

friendly, caring staff, great outdoor space, and good yoga. So glad to find yoga on Gili Air!

2 Thank Sara S
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“island bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Highlight of my journey to the Gili Islands earlier this month was my time at H20 Yoga on Gili Air! If I didn't have a wedding to get to I would have stayed on in this amazing place. I literally felt like I stepped back in time when I landed on the island - SO peaceful and serene. Absolutley perfect environment for some yoga and meditation goodness. The staff at H20 were so joyful, you could tell they loved sharing their passion for the practise with others. I can't wait to go back :) :)

1 Thank Ezzie G
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sanctuary in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

H20 is one of those hidden gems that you randomly stumble upon while traveling. I went to visit Gili Air for two weeks, but ended up staying over 2 months, mostly because of the amazing people I met at H20. If you're looking for tranquility and a break from the rigors of non-stop travel, I highly recommend either staying at H20 (their rooms are clean and comfortable), or trying out one of their yoga classes (many thanks to Natasha, Ginny, Bindu, Sadhu, and Ash for their classes!).

Visited April 2012