“Very complete diving resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Gili Air
Montreal, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very complete diving resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Lots of good courses, excellent staff!
I had problem with my air consomption but Opik and Jess both help me to complete and enjoy my fun dive!
Syb was also very professional and calm.
The manager Rob was staying late aftet shift to be sure that everything was well organized & ready to go!
Great job!

Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An experience not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying on Gili Air and came across Manta Dive. We were keen to scuba dive but had never done so before. We visited the place in the morning, and were lucky enough to organise a dive for the same day. Our instructor was an awesome guy called Marius, and we were in a group with another lovely couple. Because we were beginners, my boyfriend and I were a little nervous, but Marius made it so easy. We went in the pool first where we learnt how to breathe underwater with the oxygen tanks, and what to do in certain emergencies.

Our training took about 1.5 hours, then after a break we got on a boat and drove to a beautiful diving spot, where we scubadived 12 meters underwater for about an hour. It was the most incredible experience of my life! We saw so many cool fish, coral, and even a turtle and stingray!

The whole day cost us about $60 AUD, which included all the training, equipment and wetsuit hire. Absolute bargain as something like this in Australia would've been a couple hundred dollars.

I highly recommend Manta Dive - they're professional, safe, and really friendly people and great teachers. It's definitely an experience you don't want to miss!

Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Manta Dive=Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We finished our open water with manta dive a couple of days ago and couldn't be happier. We had the manager, Rob, as our instructor and he was phenomenal. His happy, gregarious demeanor really made us feel at ease! Everyone else involved was incredibly helpful as well and I'm sure we would have been happy with any instructor. Highly recommended.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Would recommend to everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Spent a couple of weeks on Gili Air and went from having never dived to completing my Open Water and Advanced Adventurer courses with Rob Ladd.

All the staff and instructors were friendly and welcoming every time we arrived at the dive centre.

Really enjoyed my diving there and will try to get back there in future for more courses!

Visited September 2013
“Great for a beginner like me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just did my Open Water Course at Manta Dive and it was excellent. Before it started I was quite nervous and afraid but my instructor Andreas really was able to make it fun and it felt easy even from the beginning in the Pool.
The learning- part also was easy cause he was totally clear in what he said. Also the rest of the crew was very helpful and nice. A young motivated team and they know what they're doing!
I would do it the same over and over again.
Though some of the equipment seemed to have beauty-defects but it was never a problem.
Thanx guys!!!