“A nice hotel”

Ranked #27 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Gili Air
Paris, France
“A nice hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

+ : The service was good and the owners very nice, they catered to all our needs. The rooms were cleaned every day in an appropriate manner. We had dinner twice at the beach restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the yumminess of the food. The hotel is only 10min away from the centre, and I've seen worse walks than along the beaches of Gili Air!

- : the "ocean view" cannot be seen from the room and the decoration is very kitsch.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
L.A
Reviewed August 11, 2011

we stayed 3 nights there after finish our trip in Lombok mainland,quiet location with great service and very friendly staffs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The title says it all no ocean view what so ever, in a really bad spot on the island, the most overpriced place I have ever stayed in my life Would be worth around 30 or 40 dollars in my books we were paying 120. The male owner was nice the female owner was extremely difficult(they are Taiwanese and quite hard to understand also) When I asked her what was wrong with our power( the power goes out every 5 mins, the air con, tv, and lights) we were told that a generator comes on at 10 and to use the fans and wait. We. explained we were trying to watch a movie and she said"you wait till later then watch it" and she walked away". That was the final straw for us and we politely asked for a refund(we had payed for 4 nights)and she told us that we booked with agoda and to sort it out with them. When I asked the male owner the same question he was very helpful offering us his phone to call agoda which we greatly appreciated. When we finally sorted it out with agoda we were very happy to get our 3 nights back as it would of just been a waste of our money seeing as we were on a budget. All in all I hope this helps anyone looking at this accomodation

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Dandaman44
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at the Villa Casa mio for 2 nights. At first we were impressed with the room facilities in our villa (the love house) as well as the outdoor bathroom. The owners were welcoming and helpful. We slept very badly however, the bed was unfomfortable and there was a lot of noise, what with the animals walking on the roof and the call for the Prayer at 5am from the local Mosque......Another negative point was that our room was not cleaned on the second day......

The breakfast however was amazing, fresh fruits and fruit juices which were sumptous. The owners were willing to help us in every way, which is always nice when you are discovering a new place. They have lovely little huts and sofas where you can chill out and have a drink whilst watching the ocean. It's a very relaxing place, not much to do, just lie back and watch life go by. On the whole, it was rather positive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I booked 2 nights at Casa Mio through Agoda a week before we arrived and the price was $95/night. I booked Ocean View bungalow and was willing to pay extra because the description of the place said that the room had ocean view, and it was supposedly a honeymoon-ish room. When I arrived, I felt I was ripped off. The room smell terrible because the management/owner didn't close the room, so smoke from outside filled the room (neighbor was burning some garbage). I couldn't see the ocean from bungalow because there was a big restaurant in front of the lodging, and thus you have to try VERY HARD to overlook the restaurant to see the ocean. Also the room decoration was so tacky, it looked weird and somehow a bit trippy. Absolutely, not a place that you would like to stay during your honeymoon. We were not happy at all, so we tried to cancel our 2nd night and managed to do so. To make it worse, the bed was very uncomfortable. I saw the review from 2 other people from Taiwan, and I got a feeling that the reviews were fake. The owner is Chinese and they are not from Indonesia. He and his wife(or girlfriend) couldn't speak Indonesian at all (I was born in Indonesia, so I speak Indonesian fluently). Judging from the way the decorate the room, they might just bought the place few years ago hoping they could make fortune from booming tourism at Gilis. I do appreciate their willingness to cancel my 2nd night booking, so I give 1 stars.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EFS94133
San Juanillo, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I've stayed here for almost a whole month in May 2011. I discovered it while taking a walk around the island. Their restaurant and lobby setup is so beautiful you can hardly pass by it without getting curious. Their decoration is so neatly done it will blow your mind.

It should be clear to anyone visiting this place, that it is not to be compared to the other resorts on Gili Air. This one stands out. The owners are always friendly, the atmosphere is always laid back, the setting is quiet and far off from the crowded restaurant area and the harbor. As a guest you get free internet access and any sort of information you might need during your stay. They will happily arrange for a snorkeling trip or book a speedboat for you to go to Bali. Communication works flawlessly as their English is perfect. The restaurant offers a large variety of juices, foods and smoothies, shakes and more. If you have special needs, let them know, and they will do what they can to satisfy them. I once ordered a pizza giving specific requests for how to make the dough - and they were lovingly followed by the kitchen staff.

If you wish to explore the sea around the area, they will happily let you use their canoe with paddles. If you need snorkeling equipment, they will provide you with that for free (if you are a guest). They have a variety of board games (such as chess and card games) available for their guests to use.

The rooms are very clean and unless you request it otherwise, your bed will be made and your room cleaned on a daily basis. All facilities are working fine and there are no bad surprises when first using your bathroom, which by the way is open-air and beautifully put together.

During the daytime they will often play chillout music and in the evening they will often show a film on their screen in their restaurant, using their projector.

All these positive aspects come with only one downside: do not expect low-budget pricing. This place has every right to step up one level and offer higher standard accommodation for a higher standard price. If you are a budget backpacker, this place may not be for you. However, if you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, you will be generously rewarded with a most enjoyable stay. If you wish to stick with low-budget accommodation, give the restaurant a visit for dinner. It's absolutely worth it. And they have nice wines, too!

As for myself, i will definitely return. I had to leave in a hurry and i totally miss the place. I have stayed at various places on Gili Air, but this one is my very, very favourite!

Room Tip: Ocean Breeze Cottage is perfect for 1 or 2 persons