“Wow!”

Oceans 5 Dive Gili Air
Ranked #11 of 24 Tours in Gili Air
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 star IDC Dive Resort Oceans 5 Gili Air is located in the harbor of Gili Air. Oceans 5 is the only PADI Career Development Center at Gili Air and the only DDI (Disabled Divers International) Instructor Training Center in Indonesia. Oceans 5 teaches in small groups, 4 persons max with one instructor. Oceans 5 has the everything what a diver wants..... Come and join us for some dives!
Amsterdam
“Wow!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We decided that we did need a vacation this year: my otherhalf has a his OW dive certificate, I did not. Linking great weather with focusing on getting my OW seemed a good combination.

We decided to try Oceans 5. We were a bit late so unfortunately we were unable to stay in the poolside bungalows... But hey: next time we'll book more in advance.

To be honest, I was somewhat anxious about what to expect... but I have to say: staff was great. Real nice open atmosphere! My instructor was great: he was really able to relay the message and as from the first moment was able to make me feel comfortable! I have really enjoyed the experience...

If you want to get your PADI Openwater -> Oceans5

Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great dive shop!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After a very bad experience with another dive school (named after a fish's name; they were not focused on safety) on Gili Air, we were really looking for a nice diving school with responsible dive instructors.
We finally found these responsible dive masters & instructors at Oceans 5. This was the perfect atmosphere to do our advanced open water course. Our dive instructors name was Jmal, and he is very experienced, as he had more than 7000 dives out there! We also had a few dives with some of the other local dive masters/instructors of Oceans 5, named Hamdi and Yusuf. The local dive instructors & masters are the biggest benefit of this diving school! They stay calm in every situation and teach you responsibly! They really put attention to every single diver and his needs, and safety is their number one priority (and of course, having fun!) We stayed longer than planned on this Island, because of them, made more than 20 dives with them, and really enjoyed every single dive! We really recommand Oceans 5!!! You will enjoy your dives with them!
Many thanks to Hamdi & Jmal & Yusuf and John and the other great guys there!

Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very relaxed diving”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been to Oceans 5 twice and about to return again, the staff are great and treat you like family, the dive boats are large enough for easy entry/exit, the rooms are clean and large,the resort has a real chilled out atmosphere and the food is excellent, the diving is easy and has a lot of variety, the coral around the bounty wreck suffered from a recent storm but it will recover, there is plenty of dive sites still ok, there is plenty of good restaurants within 400 metres, (bikes available if you don't want to walk)

Visited January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Diving”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here after diving with them for a few days.. the rooms were such good value and the location is incredibly central whilst still being quiet!. The diving was excellent and the staff were brilliant except one rude exception (english man) but you get them everywhere.

They have a lovely pool which is a lovely alternative to the sea when you fancy a quick dip!

Visited July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Drinks and snacks were lovely”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place was quite new when we visited. We only had snacks and drinks, but the staff were good and everything was enjoyable. I guess the place lacked atmosphere - as we were the only guests there at lunchtime the day we dropped in. It is a nice looking place and hopefully business will have picked up a lot during the past months. I'd recommend giving it a go.

Visited August 2012