“Amazing place, amazing people. Making it even harder to leave this wondrous island!!”

Manta Dive Gili Air Resort
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Gili Air
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I came to Gili Air December this year to do our Open Water Course, we stayed in the Waterfront villas which were outstanding! The team at Manta Dive were incredibly helpful and hospitable, I enjoyed the place so much that I ended up staying an extra two weeks here to further my diving ability, and ultimately just enjoy the surroundings. A special thanks to Marius, Arne, Rob and Melissa with whom I spent the largest part of my stay with completing my Open Water, Advanced, and Rescue amongst other specialties, but also a huge thanks to the ever friendly office staff and the rest of the dive crew at Manta for making my stay more at home than I could have imagined!

Room Tip: From my experience all of the rooms were amazing, with A/C, comfortable sleeping arrangements and sp...

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed every aspect of our stay with Manta Dive Resort. The accommodation was excellent, the food at the Waterfront was great but it was really our diving experience that sold us on the Manta Dive Resort. My husband did his refresher course, I did a full open water certification and our daughter who is 10 years old became a junior ranger with her bubble-maker course. We all found our experience to be complete smooth and the instructors to be top notch. A big thanks to Marius for being such a good teacher. Although all of the instructors seemed very professional, request Marius if you want someone precise, patient and knowledgeable.

Thanks Manta for everything, we hope so much that we get to come back again!

Room Tip: The Waterfront is jointly owned by Manta, it was under renovation while we were there December 2013...
1  Thank Carowhittaker
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at Manta Dive Gili Air whilst I obtained my Open Water Cert with them and this place is awesome! The rooms are very comfortable, very clean and well priced. The staff/dive crew are really knowledgeable, friendly and super helpful. My instructors, Rob and Melissa, were excellent! They were professional and made sure the diving and overall experience was great fun; outstanding job guys! I highly recommend Manta Dive for a place to stay and for the diving.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013

In May 2013, my wife and I travelled to Gili Air, Lombok and and stayed at Manta Dive for a quick 2 day stop on the way home from Bali. We vowed to return to do our Open Water Dive Certificate! We did the same year in December 2013 and stayed for 6 days, this time our adult kids decided to come as well.

We stayed at the Waterfront accommodation next door as the nice "Sasak" bungalows we stayed in last time were already booked out. The Waterfront was extremely comfortable with large beds and TV with DVD and Cable. The restaurant was great for breakfast and lunch but we ate out for dinner. It was also a top spot for a few beers before of after dinner.

The Dive centre was brilliant and the team there did everything possible to make our stay and activities a success, even rearranging schedules when one of us got sick and couldn't dive for the day. Special thanks to Marius and Rob!!

My son loved it so much he decided to stay on for another 10 days and do his advanced diving.

we will certainly return to this amazing piece of paradise.

Room Tip: The Sasak bungalows are great at Manta Dive but we like the Waterfront next door better as it is a l...
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at Gili Air for 4 days. A friend recommended Manta Dive, so we went there. We booked a new room at The Waterfront which was very clean, nice with an open air shower. The standard was high with a flat screen and international TV channels. The breakfast was great as well as the food at dinner. We did the open water dive course right next door at Manta Dive - the two belong together. Our instructor Roxanne was great. Very patient and caring. She explained everything very well and answered all our questions. The dive sides were good, saw turtles and lots of reef fish. Although some corals seemed to be quiet damaged. We really enjoyed our stay. You get your money worth and can leave not only with a diving licence in your hand but also with lots of great memories.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent dive base supporting PADI and SSI with Rob being temporary at its helm who is doing an excellent job. His openeness, personality, friendlyness and all over attitude are second to none..he must have his own place at one time - until then everybody who he is working for should be as happy as can be.
Another outstaning employee - called Andreas - is the best diving coach we have ever been able to learn from. The German Native has a versatile, well rounded personality, out of this world skills and just himself would be reason enough to go whereever he teaches his diving skills. He is humble, open, supportive and takes all the time that is required to give an extraordinay briefing and after the dive a perfect debriefing. He is a world traveled 35 (or so) year old highy skilled diving teacher who is not just doing a job --he lives the job as if it would be his own dive base and I would trust him with my live under water any time. His communication skills are excellent, his empathy is impressive and he just calms everyone down in order to have the perfect dive. This is real passion!

The hotel itself is also very nice, down to earth, nothing fancy but with its employees being of utmost attention. Rooms are clean, safe, in a good condition and having a seat at the seaside for breakfast is priceless.

Room Tip: Diving on Gili Air Bali
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roman T
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I did the one day introduction to diving with Rob as instructor and Melissa assisting. They were both brilliant, especially Rob who was very professional, taught us loads, and still had plenty of time to have a chat and a laugh. We had such a good day we would have signed up for open water the next day if we hadn't already booked a boat the next morning. Instead we just completed it in Flores, but it is these guys who gave us the diving bug!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
#11 of 20 in Gili Air
MAHAMAYA Gili Meno
MAHAMAYA Gili Meno
#1 of 11 in Gili Meno

Been to Manta Dive Gili Air Resort? Share your experiences!