“Loved it!!”

Manta Dive Gili Air Resort
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Gili Air
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Manta for 6 nights and loved every day. We extended our stay from 1 to 6 nights and still found it really hard to leave. The rooms are simple but very clean and comfortable. The shower was great with hot water and the internet was fast. We ate at the beachfront restaurant a few times and the food was always fantastic. All the staff were highly professional and the service was excellent.
This is the perfect place to stay at if you want to do your open water course. Anna ( our dive instructor) were fantastic!!! Very calm, professional and great fun to dive with. We felt really safe througout our dives and she pointed out some very small creatures that we would have definately missed if it wasn't for her. We highly recommend, staying and diving at Manta.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2013

So I recently learned how to dive, in the cold California Pacific and decided to try out my new hobby on a vacation. Manta Dive -Gili Air was perfect. I stayed in both the bungalows and rooms - both were very cool. Even though the island is really small, staying right on site was perfect. Roll out of bed, grab some food and you're ready for the 8:30 dive briefing.

I enjoyed the diving so much - I ended up signing up and doing the advance course - after I realized I wanted to do deep dives and the night dives. I'm really glad I did! It was totally worth it, the instructors were awesome and it made, for what I think, some very cool dives.

I can't say enough about the instructors, dive masters, and staff. They were all AMAZING and really make it a very special place. I was lucky enough to dive with three different instructors and a dive master and each one brought something different to the dive. I stayed for a week and went on nine dives and I think I dove in 8 different locations. - Very cool!

I enjoyed the the dives, rooms, and the people so much I extended my stay twice!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ladytravelbugLA
Jakarta
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I took references from Tripadvisors and I decided to stay there for one night only. Thanks to all reviewers, I like it so much. It is a small resort (I would prefer call it as "4 stars B&B), managed by foreigner (most likely Australian), very clean, very convenient, staffs are friendly helpful.

It's not suitable for family with kids, though... but it's highly recommended for couples...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 days at the Manta Dive Air! When arriving I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Open Water Diver. Now thinking about it, I can't imaging doing it anywhere else! Guys there were great! Rob Ladd: Best instructor ever! It was so easy to learn from him. Language was no problem at all even doing the course in a foreign language.

We also stayed at the hotel and you really do have anything you need. It is clean and the shower outside was special! Two thumbs up for Manta Dive Air and their crew!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Would strongly recommend Manta Dive to anyone I did my first dive with them since doing a course in NZ and they were amazing, they did everything for you which meant you could just relax and enjoy the dive, I was really nervous going out but once I met the guides that went away and I was confident ten out of ten!!

• Stayed May 2013
Frederiksund
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Manta became my choice of Dive instruction because of the totally welcomming and exceptionally friendly manager; Hi Rob; And fantasticly nice and competent instructor; Hi Yan. And rest of staff too.
I.e. Greát dives around The Gilis with lovely company.
The instructor i found top pleasant to be with, competent to make me feel secure and at ease. And extremely skilled at pointing out beatiful and interesting things in the underwater world; The small things as well as the most talked about big stuff.
Greatings. Sea ya next time.
Carsten, Denmark

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lovely place to stay in, you feel like in a family, it's even hard to leave!
The diving team is just the one you need when starting: very patient with children and ...even with adults! They speak all languages and u will locate the manager to his tenor voice!
No cars or motorcycles, it's so relaxing.
Accomodation is very convenient.
Breakfasts are so fresh and adequate with this weather and the staff is lovely.
Hard to come back to civilisation and wearing clothes!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 20 in Gili Air
Desa Dunia Beda Beach Resort
Desa Dunia Beda Beach Resort
#2 of 36 in Gili Trawangan

Been to Manta Dive Gili Air Resort? Share your experiences!