Stayed 4 nights at Manta Dive after the positive feedback on Trip Advisor, and it is all true. Having done my original dive certificate over 25 years ago, and a re-certification 6 or so years ago, I was a keen but apprehensive diver looking for a place to 'get back into it' without fuss. And this is the place. Whether you are a very experienced diver (like my husband and others), rusty like me, or a new diver, the staff and facilities at Manta Dive will ensure that you have a very comfortable stay and dives that are amazing. It is very well organised with lots of options to help you dive in different locations, and planned well to be away from other groups of divers from Gili Air or other islands. I think that this is the first place that I can honestly say challenges the Great Barrier Reef, if you could hear me under water you would have heard my constant 'O.M.G!' is was so beautiful. The relaxed atmosphere helped me chill out and enjoy my trip.The snorkelling was just as good, so if you are not a diver you can still see plenty of fish, coral and turtles. Jackie was a fabulous dive master, and he was also able to tell us about Gili Air, his home and the changes he has seen in the last 10-15 years. Plenty of choice for lunches and dinner on the island, while breakfast at MD was perfect - ask for ginger tea. The accommodation was very comfortable - shower was lightly salty but hot - after wanting a fresh water shower, this just wasn't an issue anymore as the rest of the room, bed etc was just perfect.. And so nice to hear the staff singing while they work... I'd love to go back, so much more diving to do, but also to see more of the island and visit Gili T. Thank you Mona/Muna (sorry) and Kristie for such a lovely stay, including organising the transport from the airport on Lombok. (Note - don't fly, while the drive over the hills is very scenic, and I'm glad we did it, catch the fast boat from Bali - it will be quicker in the long run).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manta Dive Resort, 11 beautiful rooms, all air con, hot water, safety box, swimming pool, generator (many power cuts on island), all dive courses and fun dives available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Manta Dive Gili Air Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manta Dive Gili Air Hotel Gili Air
- Manta Dive Gili Air Resort Gili Islands