“Great place, food and service!”

Scallywags Beach Club
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Gili Air
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scallywags Beach Club is the perfect place to spend the day. We offer a large range of fresh, organic items that are shipped from our suppliers in Lombok and Bali daily. From 6pm each night Scallywags offers the original & best BBQ on Gili Air, with complimentary salad bar. Our trained bartenders can also whip you up a fantastic fresh cocktail to enjoy while soaking up the view of Lombok and mount Rinjani. As well as being a restaurant customers are also able to rent a sun lounger and spend the day swimming on the best stretch of beach on Gili Air. Sun loungers are only Rp 50,000 per person and include the lounger, a fresh towel and access to our fresh water shower.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great place, food and service! BBQ dinner is great, breakfasts are pretty good too! Probably we got an extra weight after 2 days there))

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent a lot of our time on the island right here. The food is fantastic, the cocktails are awesome and you can snorkel right from your table should you choose.

Just lovely.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

we enjoyed excellent food and service, and right on the beach, clean and great menu.
We definitely recommend scallywags as a place to eat

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times over the past few years and have always rated it my favourite place on Gili Air, but on my return today I noticed things have definitely gone downhill. For lunch I ordered what was always my favourite - the goats cheese salad. It used to be a delicious, varied salad with red and green leaves and a full slab of melted goats cheese, grilled and brown on top. Today it was basically iceburg lettuce, beetroot and a piece of shiny cheese that looked and tasted like it had been sliced straight out of a packet. Lame. And still the same price as last year?! It was far smaller too.

Still, we are staying at the Mango Motel (same owners) so not to be deterred we came back for dinner. Big mistake. My friend's snapper arrived pink inside, which he didn't see till he'd eaten half, which was because it came covered in some weird red sauce. It was never served in a sauce before, it was always just freshly grilled and delicious. When we told the waitress she didn't apologise, just offered to put what was left of it back on the grill. My friend who felt a bit ill having eaten most of a pink fish, asked if she could just bring a new one and at this she actually picked up his knife and prodded his fish with it, making a face, telling him he'd eaten half of it and couldn't have a new one... like we were trying to get our dinner for free or something. Awful.

I am so sad to see this at one of my favourite places. Plus, the sign says 'organic' beach club but I'd be willing to bet there is nothing organic here whatsoever. Their fish is vacuum sealed before it's cooked.

We're checking out of the Mango Motel tomorrow too and taking our business elsewhere on Gili Air. I hate to support western owned ventures like this who don't give a toss about their customers, or staff, evidently. That said, the other staff here are WONDERFUL, especially Bali who remembered me from last year and is always smiling. Just a shame everything else has gone downhill. I even had to move table three or four times to get away from people smoking. Gross.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Scallywags is the quintessential beach hangout (at least in my opinion)… it feels fresh and clean, with chill music and extremely friendly staff. There are comfy beach lounge chairs, outdoor tables, indoor tables and several cushy chairs available that you literally fall into, providing plenty of places to enjoy the view.

But the best part is the beach location… gorgeous views of Lombok and the crystal clear blue ocean; deep, swimmable water just a few steps in and snorkeling with turtles, eels and fish of all sizes.

I had breakfast and lunch at Scallywags several different days… the food is good, a bit pricier than most of the other local restaurants, but worth it for the location and atmosphere! I recommend the Coffee and Watermelon Juice, a good book and several hours to spend in the huge, brown pillowed chairs.