Upon arrival the girl tried to put me In a room with out a key. I went back to the desk and asked to put my stuff in safe she said only small things like passport can fit. I then asked her if I could get a key to the room? She couldn't find it so I asked for another room she said that it was an upgrade. I didn't realize a room with a key was an upgrade. She gave me the other room. I went for a walk and bite to eat as it was a long boat ride to get here. I ate at the hotel bar/restaurant. Had spring rolls thought would be safe. Went for a walk and about an hour later I felt weird. Made my way back to hotel and went to my room and found a lot of dead bugs all over the bed. Not feeling well and extremely tired I decided to use my blanket I brought with me to lay on bed. An hour went by and I woke up to having to throw up over balcony because I couldn't make it down stairs. Threw up every bit of the spring rolls. Wanting to complain but unable to move from room or bathroom. I sent email the next day to the travel network I booked through. Well I was out laying by the beach and the whole staff and crew came to me and said we heard about your complaints and you cannot get your money refunded and we checked the room there are no bugs. Even the guy who prepares the food came out and said I made those myself they can't make you sick. I am telling you I am by myself and I had 5 to 6 people staring at me while I was trying to relax on beach in addition to not be sick. This was aggressive action towards me and not at all welcoming or warming as I have felt elsewhere in Indonesia.
That being said do not stay here if you want to feel welcome or do not like bugs. This is not the place for you! It is the best location on island for snorkel.
Rude and bad service. A lot of construction right now as well so there is hammering at some parts of the day. Hard to relax at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gili Air is a pristine jewel set in the Bali Sea, situated in one of the most picturesque locations on Earth. To the East, the majestic crater rim of Lombok’s Mount Rinjani, provides a picturesque backdrop to a stunning sunrise. To the West, the sun sinks behind the perfect cone of Bali’s Mt Agung as it releases all the colours of the rainbow. Sunrise Resort is situated in Gili Air’s top location - fine, white coral sand gives way to breathtaking snorkeling directly off-shore, accessible at both high and low tides (unique on Gili Air). Within 50 metres, lies a reef teaming with colourful fish and turtles in crystal clear water. Perfect for swimming, snorkelling or diving and always at idyllic temperatures (25-32°C). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunrise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Cottages And Restaurant
- Sunrise Cottages & Restaurant Hotel Gili Air
- Sunrise Resort Gili Air, Gili Islands