“4th time back and still as good as the first.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Manta Dive

Manta Dive
Ranked #5 of 41 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: After years of experience we are proud to be one of the leading dive operators in our region. Dive the Gili Islands with experienced and professional multilingual instructors and guides in a fun, safe and relaxed environment. SSI and Padi Dive courses from beginner to instructor, introduction dives, daily dive trips, free diving. Facilities include, swimming pool, class rooms, equipment sale and rental, traditional accommodation finished to western standards, all at our beachfront location.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Cooranbong
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“4th time back and still as good as the first.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's just a great place to stay and dive with. Accomodation is very comfortable and cool. The food is very is tasty with generous portions. My friends and I have each done over 30 dives with Manta in the last 18 months and we can't fault them.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Amazing diving school”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to do our SSI Advanced diving at Manta because of the good reviews is had been given. I'm so glad that we went there. Our instructor was Silvia who was excellent. She was knowledgable, understanding and a good teacher. I was the slowest to learn new tasks within our group of 4 and Silvia didn't ever rush me and was patient.
We had to switch instructor for our last dive which was difficult given that we had decided to do a night dive. This was potentially our biggest challenge and changing instructor wasn't ideal. However, we got Claudia who was also brilliant. I was very nervous and did get freaked out at the beginning of the dive. Claudia was excellent. She calmed me down and reassured me so that I could descend. She also kept an eye on me throughout the dive to check that I wasn't having problems. She managed the group of 4 of us really well and in the end, we all passed and had a really great time.

The cost of the diving courses is standardised across gili t so you won't get a better/worse deal by going elsewhere. We chose based on reputation. There are not many places that have a reputation like Manta's.

Just a note on the accomodation- it's very noisy at night but is also very good value. I'm glad we stayed there for the convenience of early diving and because it kept the costs down. However, earplugs did not stop me from being woken by the bars either side and then the mosque. It is manageable for a few nights so I don't regret staying there.

Singapore, Singapore
“Great instructors”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I did my Advanced SSI and some fun dives with Manta and had an excellent time. My instructor Ronnie was great - very relaxed, skilled and supportive. The diving is amazing - such clear water which means you get the chance to see some pretty cool stuff. I would definitely dive with Manta again, top service.

Singapore
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I found Manta Dive through trip advisor. Of the various dive centers i contacted. Manta Dive was prompt and friendly.

This holiday was a huge mess for me. I went from traveling in a pair to traveling solo. I arrived a day late due to a flight delay. Manta Dive took it all in stride.

When my friend cancelled, they willingly rearranged my accommodation to suit me alone. When i arrived a day late, they helped me to sell the night that i had booked so i wouldn't have to pay for it. I was supposed to do a Open Water Course in 3 and a half days originally. I showed up and they arranged a 2 and a half day course for me.

All i can say is this resort goes above and beyond to look after guests.

I was running in and out of my room so i left my passport and money lying around once or twice. Housekeeping were a gem, they cleaned the room and even arranged my stuff nicely and NOTHING went missing. They were also very friendly and recognized me and were always polite.

The room was beautiful and the outdoor toilet was wonderful.

The only let down for me was the restaurant. Some items were missing off the menu. But what was there was yummy. Lets just say i missed having pancakes for breakfast. It is Gili Trawangan, Guess it takes longer to re-stock. This also goes for the free shirt that you receive upon completing a course. They were out of stock unfortunately.
However there were lots of amazing food options nearby as well as other wonderful shirts you could buy from the dive shop at a discount.

Overall, I absolutely loved my stay and i highly recommend it to others.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Competent, friendly instructors and great experience.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great experience with these guys. Chose them because they seemed a lot friendlier than some of the others when enquiring which was important as this was the first time I had done scuba diving. Thorough training and then a good dive in the afternoon where we saw 3 turtles, clownfish, a moray eel and lots of other fish. Our guide Aan who was actually from Lombok was lovely and we had a great introduction to diving with her.