“Great dive shop”
Review of Manta Dive

Manta Dive
Ranked #9 of 45 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: After years of experience we are proud to be one of the leading dive operators in our region. Dive the Gili Islands with experienced and professional multilingual instructors and guides in a fun, safe and relaxed environment. SSI and Padi Dive courses from beginner to instructor, introduction dives, daily dive trips, free diving. Facilities include, swimming pool, class rooms, equipment sale and rental, traditional accommodation finished to western standards, all at our beachfront location.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Richard was an amazing instructor and Ben the owner will chat to anyone and everyone... The vibe is the best on th island of all the dive shops, I tried aquaddiction which was ok but not as fun as the Manta lot.. A great place to kick back..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"pool session"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I chose Manta Dive based on recommendations from Trip Advisor and I was definitely not disappointed. I emailed them before I got there and got all the information I wanted regarding my advanced course. They were very flexible and managed to schedule all my dives properly so that I could complete the course and do a fun dive in the short time I was there.

I did the course with Harriet, who is absolutely great and managed to help me with my buoyancy and made me much more confident while diving. The dives were really nice, with turtles, stingrays, cuttlefish, octopuses, wide variety of reef fish and coral. During my fun dive after the course, I even saw 2 white tip reef sharks, so all in all diving there is cool. The only thing I regret not seeing is a manta, but hey, you cannot have it all and I was only there for 3 days.

In general all the staff are great and always willing to help, the price for the course is the same as at any other dive center on the Gilis, but if you book in advance they offer a free fun dive and you get a free T-shirt at the end of the course.

I'm already looking forward to more diving and I wish I had more time on Gili T, to enjoy more of the diving sites there.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I did my dive course here, had a brilliant time, beautiful reefs, lovely dive instructers and a really nice and relaxing resort to chill out at during the day.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed for a week diving every day, fantastic and helpful staff, did a SSI course here (nitrox). Professional and efficient, so much fun! Good diving too :)