“Hidden gem for divers!”
Review of Manta Dive

Manta Dive
Ranked #3 of 44 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: After years of experience we are proud to be one of the leading dive operators in our region. Dive the Gili Islands with experienced and professional multilingual instructors and guides in a fun, safe and relaxed environment. SSI and Padi Dive courses from beginner to instructor, introduction dives, daily dive trips, free diving. Facilities include, swimming pool, class rooms, equipment sale and rental, traditional accommodation finished to western standards, all at our beachfront location.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

By far the best accommodation we had during our stay in Indonesia. Bungalows were perfectly suited to the location with air con, frangipanis on the bed on arrival and fabulous private outside bathroom areas! The customer service from the local staff was brilliant however as we had both never dived before we were a little unsure whether we had the confidence to go. The instructors stayed within their little groups during the day at the tables outside and didn't make any effort to encourage those of us who were a little nervous about trying something new! We both agreed if someone had made the effort to talk to us while we were there and encouraged us to go we most definitely would have tried it. Instead we hired a private boat for 5 hrs with snorkelling gear for around $70 aud and the sites were absolutely amazing. If you've dived before or have no fear in trying something new, this would be a fantastic place to stay! Be warned the mosque next door starts up at around 5am.... The bar next door at sama-sama is also quite loud from 10pm til 4am. The pool is also not suited for swimming as the dive team use this as their training ground.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Basile was our instructor and is very experienced and capable, but also a fun guy. The Manta diving school is professional and well organized. After a day in the pool and 4 dives in the ocean I was awarded with the Open Water license.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

So I have been diving in many places in Asia, from the stack it high, volume suppliers to the more exclusive (and expensive) liveaboard... Manta seems to have struck the right balance for me so far. Of course the islands are a pretty unique experience but this type of professional operation on such a place is a blessing..

There are were a number of positives for me...

Small group size...I did 5 dives including one night dive and the group size never went past 3, mostly me, my buddy and the dive master.. some times it was just me and the dive master, all my buddies were well matched in terms of ability and of course air consumption...This isn't the off season but seems to be a genuine policy to make things that much better.

Laid back and relaxed (but professional) booking style and organisation... no hard sell and not a single wasted minute hanging around waiting for something (or somebody) to get something sorted out ....sign up in seconds and dive around your developing days..

The boats were never crowded and well staffed, the DMs interesting, professional, experienced and engaged. They seemed to allow non divers to travel on the boat which is great if your family want to join in with the experience without the diving!

Informative - the emails leading up to my arrival had all the information I needed and somehow Helen managed to answer them almost immediately, which is amazing with the various distractions I now know she has just metres from her computer.

The only issue I had was with my regulator that didn't survive the plane journey very well, and started to have few minor but irritating issues, unfortunately there seemed there was no one on staff at the time that could help me fix it as I think qualified technicians are few and far between on the island, but there was and instant offer to loan me a good quality reg and it didn't cause me an issue ... As I am sure we all feel happier with our own kit its a clear reminder to me to make sure all my gear is well serviced before I next arrive and its packed properly for the journey when I return..

If you are looking for a professional group, that will be focused on quality diving experience, I would highly recommend Manta and the Gili Islands.

Thanks for the great time..

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our second time diving with Manta and our first time staying at their accomodation.
Firstly the accomodation was great comfortable bed, good air con with outside toilet and shower. Only complaint was the shower didn't have much pressure, but it was adequate. The breakfasts menu was delicious and the staff super friendly. The accomodation, food and facilities were great value for mid range accomodation on the Island.
The dive staff are laid back yet very professional and made for some seriously relaxing diving. We stayed for six days and did our Nitrox course with Manta. Ronnie our instructor is a legend and made the course both enjoyable and interesting. Ronnie your living the dream!
Magic our dive master was great on the dives we did making sure we went to a variety of dive sites. He was very good at spotting all sorts of marine life from big to small and made each dive memorable.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hello,

originally we planned to stay 4 days at Gili Trawagan and dive everyday!! We wanted to go further with diving and make the adavanced course. There are many schools on the island. Manta gave us a great warm welcome. Coffee, Tea all the day!! Hamac are great....and the most important thing for us: the teacher was absolutely competent, environment friendly...Aan, thank you!! We really had great time and spent more than 10 days. I actually had to suffer from an ear infection, and Aan was so cool to give some ear drops, wait with course until I was healthy to dive. If you can not make a choice about a dive school, please consider Manta Dive. Enjoy, Felicie & Vladimir