“One of the best Dive Centres around”
Review of Manta Dive

Manta Dive
Ranked #9 of 45 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: After years of experience we are proud to be one of the leading dive operators in our region. Dive the Gili Islands with experienced and professional multilingual instructors and guides in a fun, safe and relaxed environment. SSI and Padi Dive courses from beginner to instructor, introduction dives, daily dive trips, free diving. Facilities include, swimming pool, class rooms, equipment sale and rental, traditional accommodation finished to western standards, all at our beachfront location.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Write them an email, and you know what I mean. The people who run this do not treat you like customers. They treat you like friends. We asian divers always get rude shocks from dive vendors especially European/Aussie run ones. But Manta Dive proved all these crap wrong, right from the first email they respond, to the hello and hi you walked into their premise. Like I said, write them an email and discuss your needs with them, and see what the difference. :)

2  Thank ABChan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"pool session"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2011

In October 2011 my and my Girlfriend bumped into Manta Dive Gili Trawangan and Ben the Manager make us feel very welcome from the first moment!
First we did a few fundives with them and it was great.
Boats were perfect for diving and equipment was new and well maintained. All Divesites are max. 20min. by boat and theres something for everyone; Muckdives, Corals, Big Fish, Deepdives, Walldives and some crazy drifts. The local Guides did a brilliant job even in stressfull situations like currents and equalizing problems (big up to Adi and Supar).
After that we decited to do a rescue course with Manta. Our Instructor was Aan and i can't explain how much we learned from her on this course. It was professional in every detail and she understand how to make a course fun! She was very pasioned with us, answered every question and gave us extratime in the pool or doing theory if nessecary.
After diving the whole Manta Team makes you feel like part of their family, which means having lunch or dinner together and have a cool beer at the end of the day chatting about life (loughs guarantee). Once a course is done, it's tradition to go out with the students and have a long night at the irish bar (you don't wanna miss this)! All this is what makes Manta so special for me! It's not only the diving, it's the whole experience and the atmosphere, the way Instructors take care of their Students....never saw a diveshop like this. Absoloutley brilliant!
Result of a great week and a course later......we stay for another 5 WEEKS!!!!! and did our Divemaster training!
I think we couldn't make a better decision and it was an experience of our lifetime!
In this course Aan was our Mentor and she did great on this one as well! She took care of us so much and always try to get the best out of us! Always push you to the next level, make you more confident, explains things in a logic way, never give up on you! Thank you miss boss, for making us usefull divers.
On the Divemaster course which takes five weeks, obviously we had the chance to work with all the other Instructors, Guides, Boat- and Officecrew. Nobody dissapointed! Everybody did his Job as good as he\she could and if there were problems.....there was always somebody to help, explain and solve. Even if we had long days, sometimes with lots of learning and stress included, we always went to bed with a smile, looking forward for the next day, next dive, next lough.
One more time Thanks Manta Dive Trawangan! You guys changed our life and we look forward to see you again next year.
Oh....I nearly forgot....theres a negative thing about this place.......you have to leave one day and it hurts!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Dived 6 times while on Gili and all with Manta Dive.
I booked in advance by e-mail so i saved a little bit on money. The morning or afternoon option for diving is great and well organized staff.
We dived in October so the water had waves daily but Manta always had dive spots as alternates to Manta and Shark Point.
It was nice to not worry about the equipment as everything but weights was carried aboard for us. Also had help with gearing on and off.
Also would like to note the boat driver as he is usually the same guy. Really good at steering the boat when picking up divers in the choppy waters. It could be dangerous but he does a great job keeping all divers safe.
Dived with 3 different dive masters and all were great. Some pointed out more things then others but overall felt safe at all times. I'm a bigger muscular guy and found my dives kinda short (30 - 45 mins. only) Not sure if thats because of the tanks Manta offers. Others could usually make theirs last 1hr so maybe its just me.
Didn't get to see manta rays, sharks or cuttlefish, but maybe it was just the time of year.
Water was warm and clear for the most part with nice variety of dive spots.
I'd also like to mention that we always left things at the shop during our dives and never had trouble if anything getting lost or stolen. Forgot my goggles once over night there and they had them there waiting for me the next day. Very nice!!
Really would recommend Manta Dive for all levels of divers.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

They are by far the busiest for diving in Gili T and once you have dived with them you realise why. We did 3 fun dives and the experience was just so easy: they have 3 dives a day at 9, 11 and 2 and you just have to carry the wetsuit and the weights, the rest is done and ready for you, smooth... The three instructors we had were professional but we would like to particulary thank Prisca, an LA girl that was so kind, professional and understanding that made our dive so much more tranquil and nice. We enjoyed Manta's Point with her the most.
Overall, cool place, nice staff, smooth experience. We would definitely recommend Manta Dive.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I did my open water at Manta Dive and I am really glad I did it there!
The gili islands are an amazing place to learn diving, and Manta Dive is a great school!

The teachers were very very professional but also very fun. The open water took me 3 intensive (but fun) days and I always felt very confident and happy with the teaching. Also I could see the teachers were really passionate at what they were doing, diving of course, but also teaching, which was very pleasant and comforting.

If you are still hesitating about which school you should choose to dive, just go and have a chat with them, or give them a call, send them a mail. From the first contact I had with them to the last day I was really impressed by their professionalism and organisation. They are a great bunch of people who are really good at what they're doing. Also their gear is in top condition and the guys that work at the school to maintain equipment, drive boats, etc are super efficient and nice. I very strongly recommend Manta Dive!