Gili T is charming!
Tir Na Nog was a really nice place to stay, although not the cheapest. We booked ahead but there seemed to be plenty of places available when we arrived, although this probably changes depending on time of year.
The rooms were really nice. They were clean and spacious. The beds were really comfortable which was great. They have 'fresh water' which not all places do, however even the fresh water is a bit salty but I didn't feel sticky after a shower and it washed hair fine.
Breakfast was included and it was really nice. You could have pancakes or eggs and fruit and coffee/tea. The morning we left they even made us breakfast early because our boat left before the usual time breakfast started.
Our aircon didn't work very well but we didn't bother telling the staff as it wasn't too hot, so I can't really complain as they may have fixed it easily, I'm not sure.
The only other complaint we had was that when we asked they said there was a swimming pool for the non-villa rooms. If you hire the private villa you get a private pool and as it's only marginally more expensive we were going to do that until they assured us there was no difference between the rooms. There wasn't actually a working swimming pool. There was an empty one surrounded by construction stuff but they probably should have told us that because of our specific communication with them. It was really only an issue because you can get rooms for cheaper elsewhere without pools which we would have done because the beach is lovely!
They have little TV huts out the front and you can borrow dvds or watch your own. It's free if you buy something from the restaurant, of if it's really quiet and you're staying there they probably wouldn't mind.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tir Na Nog Hotel is a western owned beachfront business located on the paradise island of Gili Trawangan. We have 10 standard bungalows and 10 deluxe bungalows, all with hot, fresh water and AC. We also have a two bedroom villa located to the rear of the property. There are 4 bar areas (2 beachfront), and a large restaurant offering both local and international cuisine. Every stay includes free breakfast. Our friendly staff and great service will make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tir Na Nog Gili Trawangan Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tir Na Nog Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Tir Na Nog Gili Trawangan Accommodation Gili Islands