“A nice retreat”

Tir Na Nog Gili Trawangan Accommodation
Ranked #18 of 175 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Gili T is charming!

Tir Na Nog was a really nice place to stay, although not the cheapest. We booked ahead but there seemed to be plenty of places available when we arrived, although this probably changes depending on time of year.

The rooms were really nice. They were clean and spacious. The beds were really comfortable which was great. They have 'fresh water' which not all places do, however even the fresh water is a bit salty but I didn't feel sticky after a shower and it washed hair fine.

Breakfast was included and it was really nice. You could have pancakes or eggs and fruit and coffee/tea. The morning we left they even made us breakfast early because our boat left before the usual time breakfast started.

Our aircon didn't work very well but we didn't bother telling the staff as it wasn't too hot, so I can't really complain as they may have fixed it easily, I'm not sure.

The only other complaint we had was that when we asked they said there was a swimming pool for the non-villa rooms. If you hire the private villa you get a private pool and as it's only marginally more expensive we were going to do that until they assured us there was no difference between the rooms. There wasn't actually a working swimming pool. There was an empty one surrounded by construction stuff but they probably should have told us that because of our specific communication with them. It was really only an issue because you can get rooms for cheaper elsewhere without pools which we would have done because the beach is lovely!

They have little TV huts out the front and you can borrow dvds or watch your own. It's free if you buy something from the restaurant, of if it's really quiet and you're staying there they probably wouldn't mind.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 16, 2010

I had been to Gili Trawangan for twice and on my second visit I stayed in Tir Na Nog. This hotel was really good either on its service, food and of course...PARTY!!! I remember that all the staff were really helpful, even on my early morning departure to Senggigi...they still served me a small breakfast. It's highly recommended...but on my third visit to Gili this November, I'll stay in Manta Dive...Tir Na Nog's sister hotel :D.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern and new, with a real shower and A/C.

The restaurant downstairs has booths where you can watch a DVD and order something to eat/drink, which is pretty nice when you get bored.

The only problem I had was a cockroach in my room. And wifi in the rooms would be a nice addition.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I managed to get a deal on this place talking with the owner at the bar for $35 a night (I think it's normally $45). I was there for 5 nights iirc.

Centrally located on the "busy" strip. Surprisingly quiet seen as though the bar isn't that far away from the rooms. Though I was in the furthest room and it wasn't peak season to be fair.
This is the biggest/best party bar on the island so keep that in mind.

Like most places on Gili that aren't in the luxury bracket, electricity can go off on occasion but not for too long. Air con makes the rooms ice cold and the hot water is good (though it's hot seawater as you might suspect).
Staff were great, same as all the local folks are; Awesome people.

Largish bedroom, big shower room/toilet, wardrobes with security deposit box provided.

I'd stay there again - though if you are willing to go further out your money will go even further too. I heard talk of private villas going for $50 usd a night.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Lovely place to stay. Accommodation is behind the beach front bar / pub, but it is not very noisy. Rooms are spacious and minimal. Double or split twin bed, cupboard chairs and table on the porch. It is clean and you get towels as well. Rooms do not have TV, but the bar has private TV booths where you can watch a huge selection of DVD’s. the only thing this place is missing is a pool.

All important air conditioning! Gili often has electricity cut as it is a small and remote island. This means no fan or air-con. Luckily, as this place is also the liveliest bar on the island, it has a generator which can run for 11 hours before it needs to be turned off to cool down and they have plenty of diesel/petrol to run it. So this is probably the cheapest place on the island where your air-con will work all through the night. Apart from the more expensive places, you could get an air-con room, but if the electricity is off for the night, their small generator will on run for 2 hours, then stop. So you will wake up melting.

Staff are supper friendly, know you name. You get free breakfast; fruit, coffee/tea, eggs toast. I stayed there in high season and it cost me about £30 for the room.

In summery, this is in a great location, friendly, and air-con that actually works. The rooms have no sea view so if you are planning on spending a lot of your holiday in your room then is not the place, you need to spend more and stay in one of the hotels/ upmarket places.

I love this island and place so much I’ll be back there over Xmas.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank JVman
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I had a great time in gili T. I would say Tir Na Nog is the right place to stay. Strategic location, comfy accommodation, friendly staff, tasty food, great party! Perfecto!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Farihan
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I stayed at Tir Na Nog for 3 nights in a double room in May. I thought it was a great hotel-not particularly fancy but had a comfortable bed, a safe (no fridge) and a decent bathroom (the hot-cold are the wrong way around in some of the rooms so if your shower is cold change it to 'cold' and you'll get hot water). There is no soap/shampoo etc so you'll need to bring your own.

One of the best things about the hotel is the air-conditioning. The island has very frequent power cuts and many of the hotels don't have generators that are good enough to maintain the air-conditioning but Tir Na Nog does. It gets VERY warm in the Gilis so good air-conditioning was a must for me.

The location is fantastic-it's in the middle of the nightlife area but the rooms themselves are still very quiet (even on party nights). It's also near the main dive shops so getting to where you're diving is easy. The hotel has a great bar with a wonderful atmosphere and great cocktails.

If you're trying to get out of the sun in the middle of the day you can watch a dvd in one of their little huts-all you have to pay for is a food or drink!

Breakfast is 'the usual' (but very good) pancake, fruit juice (banana juice is fantastic!), fruit platter and tea or coffee.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends