After reading the positive reviews in TA we immediately headed for GoodHeart on arrival at Gili T. We were offered a room at the rear of the property for 340,000 rupes which we took. The room was basic but clean and the bathroom was cute. The room overlooks the rear concrete bathroom wall of the lumbung in front and has no balcony or shelter to sit and read etc - not so good if it rains. We were promised to check into a seaview room in front which was vacated the previous day but yet unserviced. We did this at lunchtime next day but the room had no towels which we requested. By evening there were still no towels - apparently they were still drying. I asked if they only had 10 towels for 5 rooms? Eventually later that evening we asked again and received 2 towels. There are no glasses, tea and coffee etc in the room and they don't seem to keep a supply of any of these for use by guests. Breakfast is lassez faire, served in your room or in a hut on the beach and is extremely average - we didn't bother with it the second day. The couple staying in the front hut previous to us paid 300,000 rupes per night and a lady I met in a restaurant paid 250,000 per night for a front room. This did not worry us at all (it's still cheap), but the attitude of the staff was very slack. The young guy at reception made you feel like you were interrupting his rest time and although not rude, he could obviously not care less. This take it or leave it attitude was not experienced anywhere else on the island and so we decided after night 2 to leave it and stay elsewhere. The rooms do have cold freshwater showers and this was the initial appeal to us, however most places have fresh water in big tubs to rinse off in afterwards and this proved to be just fine. I would not stay there just for the fresh water shower. Location is good, but a little out of town to negotiate the unlit roads on the way home from a restaurant at night. Would not go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good Heart Resort - The Unique Resort at Gili Trawangan, set your leisure holiday at Our Resort with Our Comfortable Luxury Room featured modern - minimalist accommodation in 4 star category on the quiet beach resort area of Gili Trawangan. Our friendly staff will serve and assist you with a Good Heart as our Resort name "GOOD HEART RESORT" to feel as like a home. The Resort is feature a Beach Front View with a white sandy beach along the coastline of 500ha round the island that you can enjoy by foot or cycle and traditional horse car for your unforgettable moment to hunt Sunrise and Sunset tropical beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Good Heart Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Heart Bungalows Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Good Heart Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan