“:)”

Dream Village
Frankfurt, Germany
“:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

'Dream Village' is located right by the beach. We had a very nice and clean bungalow with a fridge, well working A/C and an open bathroom. The Bungalow got cleaned up every day. Breakfast is also included and was a good variety and very tasteful.
We went there in the low season so the price for the location was excellent!

Angelo is the owner of 'Dream Village' and a very easy going guy. He always has an ear for you and makes everything as easy as possible. He helped us a lot to arrange a privat boat to gili air in last minute which was very important for us.

overall 9/10 :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Brighton, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The entrance to the place is a bit shabby and there's no welcoming reception or dining area. Just a dusty pathway through to the huts. There is no pool but it's right by the beach. The huts from the outside do look nice, initially. My front door had obviously forced open at some point and poorly repaired. The hut is extremely dark. You practically have to turn the lights on during the day to see anything. There is a fan and aircon. There is also a partially stocked minibar but no prices (I hate that!). There was a strange slug-like thing on the floor so I picked it up with a tissue and put it in the bin. Every day this same mysterious thing reappeared. I think it was falling from the ceiling (thankfully it always fell on the floor not the bed). The bathroom is outside which is kind of cool and at one with nature. Don't expect any hot or even warm water. I had none at all for 3 days!! Also don't expect anyone to make up your room, empty your bin or provide you with any more toilet paper. Nobody came in 3 days even after leaving my key at reception every time I went out to drop them a hint I was out. It became a bit of a joke. You get 2 beach towels which were fine. You also get (once) white bathroom towels. These had orange stains on and holes in. I'm not talking little holes, that might not have been noticed. I could put my entire hand through one of then. I didn't bother with breakfast at all. My friends said it was poor but did in fairness say the banana pancakes were good.
On check out they decided they wanted to add 3% surcharge for using my credit card. I'd rather give my bank the money than this lot so I walked to the ATM and paid by cash. It's not a cheap place RP 2M for 3 nights (about £140). I'd suggest you do a bit more research and find somewhere better to spend your hard earned money on the island. On the plus side, the wifi did work, good enough for Skype calls so it wasn't a total failure. I won't be back though, I'll try somewhere else on this lovely little island next time.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Hardlypodd
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed there the last 3 years, and we will be back…
We prefer the sasak-style bungalows (1 and 2 for sea view). In any case both the bungalows and the regular rooms are very good.
Breakfast by the beach is a pleasure, and thanks to Angelo (the owner) the atmosphere is pretty laid-back and service is excellent.
The mosque is not far, and you get an early wake-up from the loudspeakers (the good news is Ramadan is moving away from the summer months…)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FPO-Paris
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Really, really disappointed with our stay here.

I will preface this review with the following: I have now stayed at 5 different establishments on Gili T over the past 2 years all at similar price points (see my other reviews), I was not expecting a '5 star' luxury resort.

Rooms were large but really dated. Linens, towels etc have seen better days. Shower had hot/tepid water only 50% of the time, limited water pressure. Breakfast was awful - 1 egg omelette on some dry toast. We joked that they made it so bad the first day that you never tried again. I being a sucker for punishment did.... Pancake next time ok but everything else still very average. "Free" wifi never worked (despite being okay in almost every other cafe/restaurant/bar on island). Staff (including the owner) were mostly dismissive, not very helpful.

Another issue with Dream Village is proximity to mosque however I did know this when we booked. It is however right on the good swimming beach. Not that the beach chairs were often set out while we were there. Admittedly it did rain a bit some days but most other resorts made an effort to get them out when the sun was shining.

I could not recommend this accommodation to anyone. The price for what you get in Gili T terms is exorbitant. There are so many places to stay that are so much nicer and present better value. Our choices were limited due to time of year and late booking. Do yourself a favour if you have any other option - stay elsewhere!!

Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Lovetotravel3122
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Pros
Clean and well appointed room (inc. Fridge and safe)
Big bathroom
Reasonably clean
Beachside location (and no problem getting loungers when we were there)

Cons:
Thin door to adjoinjng room made for lack of privacy
Early morning wake up call from the mosque unless you have particularly good ear plugs
Dead coral by the shore means the immediate section of the beach is not ideal for playing in the water, and most of the good restaurants are about a km further south
Not the cheapest for Gili T and I suspect (but don't know) that better value may be available elsewhere

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mechelen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Dream Village and were not really satisfied about our stay. I missed the friendliness we've experienced at the other places we stayed in Indonesia. The rooms have a good size but are not so clean and a bit dated (especially the bathroom). The 2 days we've stayed here, there was no electricity during the whole day and the wifi didn't work at all. Breakfast was nothing special and when we asked for a breakfast at 7 instead of 7:30 am because our boat left early in the morning, it seemed we've asked too much... The beach in front of the hotel is nice and there are good chairs to take a rest on. Globally, this was certainly not worth the money!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandraCMechelen
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Nothing special about this place, overpriced and overrated. The location was good- close enough to the action, but far away enough to have peace and quiet (except for the 5.30am wake up from the mosque every morning!). The snorkeling and beach in front was quite good. However, the service was average, the breakfast was crappy, and the rooms were ordinary with hard beds and lumpy pillows (we didn't get a bungalow, but were out the back). There were absolutely no features or details that warrant the 80 euro a night price. There are so many lovely places to stay on Gili T, I wouldn't recommend this unless the price is cheaper.

• Stayed August 2012