“A little place in paradise”
Review of Dream Village

Dream Village
London, United Kingdom
“A little place in paradise”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My boyfriend Chris and I stayed in one of Dream Village's lumbung cottages for 5 nights. From the minute we arrived Angelo and his team could not have been more accommodating. The room was beautifully finished with traditional furnishings and little luxuries such as a fridge stocked with soft drinks and beer, and the all important air conditioning. The room was nice and spacious with room to sit either inside or out on the balcony and the wifi was quick and reliable. There was also a large wardrobe where we could unpack our things which was nice when travelling for a long time.
The outdoor bathroom had been a criteria for choosing this style of accommodation and it didn't disappoint. It rained a lot while we were in the gilis and taking a shower in the open air, under the stars and with the rains pouring down was a magical tropical experience.
The breakfast was very nice and varied, the room was cleaned every day and both beach towels and bath towels replaced whenever needed.
I would recommend a stay at Dream Village wholeheartedly. Make sure you go snorkelling off their stretch of beach - we saw hundreds of fish and even 3 turtles...wonderful!

Room Tip: We had a room right at the front which I loved. I have heard that the wifi might not be as strong fu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Escaping the crowds on Bali we planned to initially stay for 2 nights at dream village. However as we settled into paradise we ended up staying for 6 nights in total. At first we were slightly worried about dream village breaking our budget but Angelo was nice enough to accommodate 3 people in one bungalow and it was worth every penny! Good breakfast, nice sun loungers at the beach right across the road, ocean view bungalow, friendly staff and an Italian owner who went out of his way to get you ANYTHING you might need! We can only recommend staying at dream village, the name does not overpromise! Looking forward to be back sometime soon. Joe, Andy and Federico

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Jvielb
vancouver
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We spent one night in a highly rated B and B but moved here to be close to the beach. We only stayed 2 nights in Gili because it was rainy but we were very happy with the room and the service. The room was large, clean, bright and attractive. The bathroom is very spacious and well with a beautifully designed large counter and modern style sink and faucet. The shower is a new "Monsoon" style and there was always hot water. Wifi was occasionally spotty from our location which was well at the back. Good snorkling right in front of the hotel and use of the hotel's lounge chairs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Angelo is perfectly nice and it seemed like a lovely (though very rustic) place to stay, but on the second night we were there I was attacked by bed bugs in the middle of the night. When I displayed my horrific bites to Angelo the next day he took me very seriously (clearly bed bugs is a widely known problem in Gili, there are multiple reviews to prove it) and promised a thorough inspection of the room. When we returned later he claimed they had found no traces of bed bugs but would be happy to move us to the room next door. The number, type and pattern of bites left no room for doubt in my mind that bed bugs were the culprit, and at this point I was so disgusted and demoralized at my holiday being ruined - so we ended up leaving Dream Village a day early, going across the island (as far away as we could possibly get) and got a room at the Ombok. A bed bug attack is quite possibly the most hideous experience one can imagine and induces a level of paranoia that stays with you for weeks. So I'm sorry to say I will not be going back to Dream Village and wouldn't recommend it to others either.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank travelicious49
brandoGenova, Proprietario at Dream Village, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
thank's in anycase but i dont'have you in my register guest in agust 2011.Bed bugs ready finish this problem in one bungalow in agust 2011
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I had a very good time there,the place was really nice,tidy and perfectly clean!
The owner is an italian men which live there since 7 years, he's helpful with everything and a pleasent person to speak with.
The style of the rooms is beautiful and it make u feel home,there are all the comfort u need!!
The last surprise was right in the end of my holiday when while I was waiting to get on the boat back to Bali He arrived riding his bike to give me back my phone which I forgot in the room...His staff found it and gave it to Him.
I really feel to thanks them for that and for all the things they all did to make my holiday perfect!!! thanks Angelo and thanks to all you staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Angelo greeted myself and my friend like we had known each other for a long time, he gave us a full run down of the services available and was really helpful throughout our stay. Our room was of a very high standard and was cleaned and made up everyday. There is free wi-fi, a good breakfast and the staff were always on hand to help. I would definitely stay there again. There is great snorkeling right in front of Dream Village too - we didn't go out far and saw a huge sea turtle. I would advise hiring a snorkel and mask from a shop rather than going on a boat trip which I found to be better value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We were supposed to stay only 3 nights but we ended up staying 8 nights. Dream village is a really nice place to stay. The rooms are big and clean and good value for money. The owner and his family and the staff are really helpfull and friendly.And the beach is just perfect (with really good snorkling) I would definately recommend you to stay here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends