“Seriously Nice”

Kelapa Luxury Villas
Shanghai, China
“Seriously Nice”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Kelapa Villas are definitely more suited for couples or a group, but the stay was still exceptional.

The place has been developed extremely well and to the highest standard. The staff are also extremely hospitable and helpful.

Will definitely be back - thanks!

• Stayed February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My first impression when arriving to Kelapa Villa is actually quite scare because of the graves near the Villa... However, it is only minor compare to what we had and experienced on our honeymoon here!!

The private pool was perfect! We took so many underwater pictures and the images are crystal clear :)

The breakfast is nice but the quantity does not meet our expectation.

The dinner arrangement was perfect (eventho they cannot make it a surprise since me and my wife spent our evening at the villa!! ;D)

Outdoor shower was amazing, however it will be better if you look around (Specially on the top of coconut tree near your villa) before you took off your clothes :)

• Stayed March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am a travel agent and I have just recently come back from my trip to the Gili's where I stayed at the Kelapa Villas.
The staff were great, really friendly and happy to have a chat.
It is a little while away from the beach, no more than 600m though.
My partner and I really enjoyed the bike ride between though. It meant we got to see a bit more of the island that we probably wouldnt of bothered to see other wise.
We felt safe and 100% at ease while there.
The Villas themselves are great, there were a couple of problems with the phone and cable TV (not to be unexpected while on a small island in the middle of Asia) however the staff were onto it before we even had to walk the 3m to reception to say something.

If you're thinking of staying at the Gilis then Kelapa is perfect.
I've done inspections of most of the other properties and I am so glad I stayed where I did.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Kelapa villas for 5 days in July 2012. We booked it quite late and weren't sure what to expect but we were more than impressed!! The villas are amazing, spacious, modern and with a kitchen that opens out onto your private pool. The staff were helpful and breakfast was delivered every morning! The villa came with bikes for all 7 of us to cycle around the island. It was about a 15 minute cycle to the main areas where the bars and restaurants were, which was pretty dangerous at night with the lack of lighting and dodgy roads, but it added to the experience!! We booked a barbecue in the villa where resort staff came and did all the cooking etc for one evening. We found the accommodation very reasonable considering the quality. Great relaxing holiday!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'ts not that far from the main beach. and it has an amazing six bedroom villa, dont forget to mention the 20 meter pool that amazingly fresh and clean.

The breakfast was simply delicious with bread tasting just like France !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here with 10 friends for 3 nights in February. When we arrived off the boat half our group walked and the rest via horse its not that far from the main beach. We were upgraded to a six bedroom villa which was amazing the rooms were beautiful, the 20 meter pool was fresh and clean.
We tired the room service and bbq night both ok not great. Breakfast was average but fine as it was included. The maid was lovely and would clean in the early morning before anyone woke up. We had enough bikes to ride to main beach it was dark at night but made it more fun don't hire torch as u have to pay 300k bond buy one on main beach for 50k. Only problems we had to ask for more toilet paper and breakfast was late one day when we had a tour booked.
They would ring us in the morning to see if we needed more bingtangs as we cleared them out most nights and were bringing it in by the case.
I was lucky enough to have as main double room with outdoor shower and bath, the bed was so comfortable.
They even let us split our room service bill and accommodation bill which was awesome.
They organised a horse for our departure.
If I come back to gilli t I would stay here again for sure !!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is beautiful! The service was amazing, my friend was sick and everyone bent over backwards to help me out finding medication, food and other necessities to make her stay comfortable. The bikes they supply are excellent - Schwinn bikes with big seats and cool old school handle bars! There is a gym as well that is well equipped and open all day long. The food was great and the private outdoor bathrooms were gorgeous! We got shown around some of the other rooms in the property too and they were simply sensational. This property is located towards the back of the island, but its still only a 5 bike ride to the main street. It is dark, so make sure you take a torch at night. We opted for walking at night as it just seemed a bit safer and surer of foot! Breakfast was fun - per order the day before and it's delivered to you when you want it! Overall, I would most definitely stay here again without question!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends