“Not Bad”

The Beach House Resort
Ranked #16 of 178 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2012

love the location, ambience and the food was great
unfortunately they don't have small shower for the toilet cause toilet paper isn't enough for me..
and they provide dvd and books for borrowed for free :)
just for suggestion to put another lamp near from shower at the outside bathroom cause it's little bit dark on there specialy when you want to take a bath at night

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed overnight in a 2 bed villa with plunge pool. Wish we had longer to stay, the beach house has a great location with a fantastic restaurant. Really enjoyed the cold drinks and great food. Lovely coffee in the morning, and plenty of choice of breakfast goodies. My room was clean but slight smell of sewerage in bathroom, not overpowering though. I really enjoyed the big living area and pool area. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in villa a 2 bed villa, villa Melati. Excellent villa and peaceful as further back from str...
1  Thank Sasha4625
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My favourite place in the world would have to be Gili T. It has all you need in life... the beautiful beach & weather, flowing drinks, mouth-watering food and a never-ending amount of good times.

Myself and five other girls (all aged 20) had the pleasure of staying in the 2 bedroom villa at the Beach House Resort (Villa Melati) earlier this July, and loved every second of it! Our stay was for 6 nights, and we wished we had stayed for our entire 2 week trip to Bali.

This past July was my second visit, and on my first visit I had been to dinner at the Beach House Resort. The seafood BBQ and overall menu is spectacular, probably the best on the island I feel. And when it came to choosing where to stay on Gili T for this years trip... it was a no brainer to consider the Beach House Resort.

As for all those reviews who scored the Beach House Resort less than a "Very Good", you're clearly not supposed to be holidaying in Gili T. If you're used to up-market hotels and tacky luxury, then look the other way. The Beach House Resort is not only offering fantastic accommodation, but there's personality and warmth that comes with it. Arriving at The Beach House, we felt immediately relaxed and at ease.

Our villa had it's own freshwater pool, open air living/dining and kitchen area (inc. fridge, television) and two bedrooms with open air ensuits (just gorgeous!). We originally wanted the 4-bedroom villa.. but it was not available for our dates, however maybe it was fate... because the 2-bedroom villa was more than enough for the six of us (king bed + mattress on the floor).

Location, perfect. Less than 5 minutes walk to all the party spots (Rudy's, next door to the Irish, Blue Marlin and etc), restaurants and jetty. And it's Gili T... nothing is ever far away.

Breakfast is all you'll ever need, we'd be full for hours (and sometimes not need to eat until dinner).. probably thanks to the best banana pancakes (made to order) in the world.

All the staff are more than welcoming and willing to help you with anything you need.

To be honest, I cannot find any faults. I can happily say, I will be staying at the Beach House Resort every-time I travel to Gili T.

Room Tip: The picture's don't do the rooms justice, but the villas a much bigger than you think and ca...
4  Thank Ivy Y
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The pool was nice, the staff were very friendly and always smiling and saying hello, but the rooms were subpar. The rooms were less than clean, with paint chipping and having clogged drains, and sparsely decorated. The air conditioner was leaking heavily but was fixed once maintenance was contacted.

The location was very central, and is a 10 minute walk from the central "harbor", or beach where most transport boats land. The restaurant has a beautiful view overlooking the sea. The restaurant service was somewhat lacking.

I don't have enough knowledge of comparable properties on the island, but I feel that this was not a particularly good value. I expect the island to be more expensive than neighboring "mainland" islands, but I think the costs should have been less for what was provided.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great stay and enjoyed the breakfast, restaurant and location. The only issues were the food portion size and Indonesians taking more advantage of the tourist than they should.

The stay was very pleasant with a good breakfast. All the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. We ate at a few sea food Bar-B-Qs and I think theirs was the best. They had the best side selections and better tasting fish, but overall our Indonesian experience with fish was poor, either bad or old fish. We did notice that some fish and lobster sat on ice a few days and some not even being sold at the Beach House and other places. I ordered lobster ravioli one day for lunch and it was literally four bites. Their “specialties” are very small servings and I would eat somewhere else for lunch or order something more local than rather a specialty.

The location was on the better side of the main drag with nicer restaurants and hotels. If you don’t stay at the Beach House, then stay in that area if you want more options for better restaurants, shops, etc. Towards the north there are more “backpacker” personality hotels, shops, and restaurants. If you want a more quiet area then stay on the west side. The average age on Gili Tragawan is under 30. There are more families with young children on Gili Meno or Air. I would not recommend Gili Tragawan for children unless you stay on the west side.

We would stay again but maybe a different island would be nicer just to see a change. Gili island locals don’t bargain like on Bali. For a country that is considered 3rd world, operates between a government and local tribal law and has an average daily wage of 7USD I found Indonesia to be very expensive. There is a local price and then a tourist price, which I found to be bothersome.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have stayed in the 4 bedroom villa (awesome) the deluxe bungalows & this latest trip we had the 2 bedroom pool bungalow which was perfect for a family. It has a main bedroom with large bed a large open air bathroom & a second adjoining room with 2 single beds. the only gripes I'd have woudl be the shower needed more water pressure & there needs to be better curtains in the rooms (full block out). The staff were always great, helpful & attentive (we engaged the services of one of the office girls to babysit & she was fantastic with our 4 year old). We also ate several meals in the restaurant & they were all of a very high standard. The seafood BBQ was very good - I had a whole snapper (cooked perfectly), another night i had jumbo praws (melt in your mouth), steak (cooked medium rare as I asked) & the buffet salads to go with teh BBQ were very good. We also had some of the other meals off the menu & everything was good - the Duck salad dish (can't remember what it was called) was amazing. We had a group of 8 & all commented on quality of the food. All in all this property is a very good choice for quality accom & food. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want something extra special Kokomo villas & restaurant are the next step up from the bea...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
LindaHE, Owner at The Beach House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Hello

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and we always enjoy your return visits to The Beach House!

We are currently addressing the issue of new blinds as we start updating each bungalow - it is only an issue of finding gaps when we have bungalows free. But slowly each room is being transformed.

In terms of shower pressure unfortunately everything is run off generators in our 2 resorts as electricity on its own on the island is even worse! I'm afraid it's a little of what comes with being on a remote island with limited infrastructure - but we do at least manage to provide fresh water showers now in all bungalows.

We're so happy that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay, from accommodation to food and that you also got to see ko-ko-mo this trip.

We look forward to your return visit

Beach House Management

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We moved to this hotel after a few nights on the west coast. The hotel is nice, good pool and location on the beach. Rooms are clean, spacious and good quality. We had a 'studio' which was just like any normal hotel room with a cute outdoor bathroom.

Wifi works in the room but like all connections on Gili T, it's not particularly strong.

Food in the restaurant is fantastic, really tasty and the menu is reasonably priced, the BBQ is ridiculously expensive compared to other places... For a good BBQ go next door to Tir Na Nog Irish bar!!

Room Tip: There were a fair few mosquitoes in the room but a room spray was provided by the hotel - bring good...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple