“Budget stay in Gili T”

Gili La Boheme
Shanghai, China
“Budget stay in Gili T”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Although I had a comfort stay in the hostel, the facilities were very poor and the staff was not rally helpful.
Location is not the best either, far from the beach and easy to get lost in the little unnamed streets of the island.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I came to Gili T. almost knowing no-one and a friend of mine told me he was staying at the Grande Backpacker :). I immediately met such nice people here and partied with them and shared all of our south east asia stories. I definitely would recommend this place to all solo travellers!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived from Bali? Snorkelling with 4 sea turtles and endless coral. Snorkelling point not next door? Vintage blue bicycles leaning on the hostel wall outside, to get there. Just woke up starving after a crazy night at the beach party? Coffee and pancakes at the pantry. Not your cup of tea? Le Petit (sister restaurant) delivers free food. Bored after surfing? Beer pong, darts, chess and laughs on the terrace. The possivil

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Best hostel ever! I have been traveling for a year and no other hostel can top this. It's perfect for the solo backpacker like me, as soon as I arrived I felt like I was welcomed into a family. You def will want to stay longer than you intended.

I defiantly will go back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Staff is really friendly, facilities are fine (breakfast include baking your own pancakes, free refill of water, snorkel- and bike rental etc). Although there are drinking games in the public area, it was calm during the night. The 6-pax dorm is small but worked for me. The storage lockers under the beds were perfect. The beds are only really old.

The hostel is 5 to 10 minutes walk to the main street/beach. Really nice place to meet people. Less for couples and families.

(do not forget to bring your own toiletpaper...)”

Room Tip: The dorm with airco are better. The dorms are small, thus can be really hot if only a fan.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

On arrival at the island a man holding a "Le Grand Gili" sign was waiting for me even though I hadn't told them what time I was arriving which was nice as it's a little hard to find. Marie the manager is an absolute pleasure and we became good friends while I stayed there. She made me feel at home.

I met an unusually large number of cool people while staying there so I ended up extending my initial stay of 5 nights to about 12 or so. I travel alone so it's always nice to find a place where I can make friends easily. The rooms are cosy but the air con works quite well and you get a privacy curtain so I slept like a log most nights.

The shared bathroom was on the nicer end of the scale of hostels I've stayed at.

The main area has a very nice communal vibe, the best I've experienced at a backpackers. Marie organises events a couple of times a week and beers are reasonably priced.

I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Air con room is a good choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I spent 5 nights at Le Grand and loved it.
Place is super cheap and has all you need.
What's amazing about it is the atmosphere... People staying in there make it special! It's the best hostel I've been to for that. You feel welcomed since the beginning, meet people, make friends easily and experience Gili together. I had a great time!

Beds are basic but ok, you can sleep if you want a early night, or you can party and sleep until late morning. Toilets are clean, although you need your own toilet paper.
You can get delicious pancakes and coffee/tea all day long!

I'm so happy I chose le Grand: not messy as other hostels on the island, but equally (or more!) fun!

Room Tip: chose the A/C ones - it's not much extra to pay...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo