2,134 results
All reviews lumbung hut deluxe ombak room akoya pool traditional hut gili t main pool outdoor bathroom pool bar buffet breakfast our honeymoon day bed lombok island welcome drink beach front pool villa the pearl beautiful resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved this place. Rooms were clean and comfy. It had 2 pools, a lively one and a more chilled one with a swim up bar. They have an open air cinema on their beach which is free for guests and show a different movie every night. Staff were friendly and helpful and we even stayed longer than we'd planned to. We rented bikes from there too. The bedroom and the bathrooms are huge!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank alyahvc
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner loved absolutely everything during our stay in Vila Ombak. Staff is amazing and made our holidays the best ever! They are very helpful, kind and made us laugh every day. We will be definitely coming back!

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019

I booked the hotel through ctrip, I love the location of the hotel, just near by the beach. even-though the room was old and tired, but it was really spotless, very clean. The staffs at the hotel were mostly of the indonesian, very friendly. It was just step away from an excellence view of the beach.
The area was not crowded, i guess they have been suffering from the earthquake that hit the area, and people was afraid to come and stay in the island. It was actually very peaceful place.
There were lots of options for dinner .. it was just great! Good for the Honeymooner ... Love to have it one next time

Room tip: There were a new wing of the building, better get the room in a new wing
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights as part of an extended trip around Bali.

The room from the outside and initial view from the inside looked amazing (delux lumbung) however the room lighting was very dim and the air conditioning was inadequate. In most other places visited the air conditioned rooms were a nice escape from the heat but the room at Vila Ombak was not the same as v.hot.

The WiFi was rubbish - continued to disconnect if not used for approx 5 minutes and never did have signal strength to send a video/picture via what’s app.

The bathroom is divine however accessible via steep stairs at the back of the property - be careful if you have had a drink!

The worst part of the visit was the bites I received - unlike those received anywhere else. I am not sure if these were mosquito bites or something else however they occurred most definitely at night time and every morning I would be covered in an abundance of bites - I had to visit the chemist (who seemed concerned that the bites did not resemble mosquitoes) and this made me miserable for the best part of our stay. I appreciate that there are mosquitos and other flys etc on the Gili Islands but the number of bites were substantial and the rooms need to be fumigated more often, in my opinion.

We also visited the beach/outdoor cinema which was great and complimentary as guests at the hotel. The hotel offers bikes for a charge which are a great way to explore the island.

The pool areas were great; cannot fault these. The breakfast was also excellent, the egg station was great and always a number of places to sit.

The location on Gili T was fantastic, In close proximity to the nightlife bars and restaurants and for the above 2 reasons alone we would consider to revisit the hotel again (likely in a different room with adequate air conditioning).

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We booked villa ombak last minute after staying 2 nights at the neighboring hotel, the Pearl of Trawangan (beautiful hotel may I add). We chose villa ombak because they told us it had previously been part of Pearl of Trawangan.
While checking in at reception, on first impressions everything seemed nice and clean. However, once we got to our room the overwhelming smell of urine coming from the bathroom and into the bedroom mixed with stale water was horrid. I asked a member of staff about the smell and he just offered some spray. There was 1 accessible plug sockets in the room, all others were inaccesible, positioned behind the bed and other large items of furniture, whilst searching for these we realised how filthy the room actually was. After showering, the walk from the shower to bedroom had turned my feet black.
On top of this, the supposedly fresh bedding was full of sand. I spent the whole night itching in the duvets and just feeling very dirty, I would not reccomend staying here to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2019