We were staying here because we had a noise problem with their sister hotel which is Ombak Sunset due to their grand opening party with loud sound checked a day after we arrived. We went to visit Gili looking for tranquility and away from hustle bustle of Bali. The manager from Ombak Sunset managed to relocated us in a very quite rooms at Villa Ombak and we had nothing to complained.
The room they gave us was quite spacious and to have our own pool right in front of our door was another plus point even though we had to share it with other guest from another 8 or so villas around but we never see them around and that makes the pool for ourselves!!
The salty water for bath sent me a bit shocked as in the other hotel it has fresh water running down their shower, make sure to fill the bowl provided for the fresh water before you shower just to rinse your extra salty skin.
The breakfast was great with many food to choose and it located in from of their main pool. The hotel has everything you need for your stay at Gili from spa to the water sport operator. The beach bar offered movie night with first drink charge, bummer !! Suppose for free for hotel guest providing their room number and i trust they will need a drink anyway if you offered.
The bartender didn't know much about drinks though, i have tried to order Classic Martini and they just shrugged and admit they never heard about the drink unless it consist only Martini liquor :-((
But we managed to trained them well .... The hotel is in the middle of the crowd and 5 minutes away walk from and to the port which will take you back to the main island. We did bar hopping around the area it was great we could just walk around to look for anything.
Overall there was not much to say on our one night only stay with my husband but we were glad we got a good room there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan