Given that we were delayed in securing a hotel booking on Gili at new years, we were very lucky to secure something at Hotel Vila Ombak. We had booked a lumbung room but to our delight were upgraded to one of their villas upon arrival. How lucky!
The villas comprise a spacious, well appointed bedroom with outdoor bathroom with fresh rinsing water which is a treat on Gili. The covered outdoor kitchen and lounge overlooks your own private pool. All immaculate and stylish.
We enjoyed a good and plentiful breakfast everyday with lots of choice (although the serving area was a bit crowded) and cocktails at the pool bar are not to be missed. The island itself has much to offer-biking around the island, enjoying delicious self selected seafood off the grill, live music, a little bit of shopping and ofcourse lots of sun in the sea.
We enjoyed a sumptuous new years eve dinner (massive buffet) followed by live acts and international DJs and a massive fireworks display. The party ended well after the sun came up!
The hotel is accessible from the boat jetty by donkey-drawn carriage. Make sure you negotiate your rate upfront. On check out the hotel will gladly hail a carriage for you but this can be a little chaotic as tourist jostle for carriages as they arrive-give yourself enough time to get to the jetty.
A note to those hoping to catch flights out from Bali on the same day-don't do it. Our departure ferry did not arrive on time and when it arrived was smaller than it should have been. This resulted in a small frenzy as many who were scheduled to fly out that day where unable to get on the ferry back to Bali.
All in all a fantastic way to bring in the new year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan