Hotel Vila Ombak
Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$59
  • Breakfast included
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$75
$81
$88
$70
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ombak Sunset(Gili Trawangan)
$72
$66
  • Breakfast included
Les Villas Ottalia(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$81
$74
  • Breakfast included
Pesona Beach Resort & Spa(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$51
$49
Wilson's Retreat(Gili Trawangan)
$210
$122
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Palms Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$113
$105
1,993 results
All reviewslumbung huthidden pooldeluxe ombak roomakoya poolmain poolgili toutdoor bathroombuffet breakfastswim up barday bedlombok islandour honeymoonwelcome drinkfast boatbeach frontthe pearldive centre
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am glad i ignored all the negative reviews and decided to stay at this hotel. A friend of mine,also a travel agents recommended it to me.
I loved it.
The hotel is located right where all the restaurants and bars are, yet it is still very peaceful.
The room ( a twin superior) was spacious, very clean (even the bathroom considering it is outdoor), had everything you need (coffee facilities, safe, hair dryer, minibar)
The bathroom is completely outside, at first i was taken aback but it has been my best bathroom outdoor experience ever!! loved it! The water is salty, even the one from the sink so the hotel provides bottled water to wash your face and brush your teeth and next to the shower there is medium size bucket with fresh water, if you ask me, well i loved it!!
the stuff is really helpful, not all of them understand english but they really try.
Our check in and check out experience has been smooth, stress free.

The pool is pretty good, it has been nice enjoying couple of drinks by the pool but i spent most of the stay by the beach, literally in front of the hotel
The Hotel provides sun loungers, there is also a bar/restaurant so you still get served by the beach if you wish to.

Breakfast was really nice: i liked the breakfast room, i loved the fact the food was in a separate room, it mean the food was protected by flies and mosquitos..
They offered literally everything, from fruit to indonesian food, continental breakfast, english breakfast, pancakes, pastries and salads too!
Breakfast was great... i would say it was more like brunch to me!

The staff is friendly and helpful, always keeping eye contact with the guests, the garden was so tidy and well kept.
I also tried the spa, decided to go for a full body massage. nice experience, the masseuses were really nice, shame we got bitten by mosquitos towards the end, maybe they should have air conditioning in the rooms but either than that i would recommend a massage. The price are fair, we also received a 15% discount and to be honest you are in a spa with professionals.

I loved this hotel,if i get a chance to come back to Gili Island this is where i would go again.
I didn't think this hotel is expensive, of course you can get some bungalows at 15 euros a night on the island but they won't provide what this hotel offers.

Room Tip: my room was a twin superior, ground floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ramona_cortinovis
Reviewed April 10, 2013

too expensive even with 60% off the price.
small rooms in the description they say 46kvm which in reality is 6kvm.
The entire area where the hotel is located is all much more expensive than the rest of the island.
I recommend to go to Gili and find room itself can be found for much lower price than the vila ombak.

Room Tip: just go to Gili and you will find a good hotel don't make a reservation
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank perser1111111
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't have been happier when we arrived on the island. Our jaws were pretty much touching the ground as we travelled by horse drawn cart past the beautiful white sands and chilled beachside restaurants towards our hotel. Gili Trawangan has been compared to the early days of Koh Phanang and Ibiza, and the relaxed, hedonistic vibe is evident immediately. The street is scattered with young travellers, hippy locals and vibrant horses and carts...the absence of traffic was a welcome escape from the cars, mopeds and incessant beeping of Bali.

Vila Ombak is located at the bottom of the main strip, just as the continuos row of bars and restaurants comes to an end. It's the first hotel you come to with it's own section of beach. They also have their own beachfront bar and restaurant. We stayed in the wooden Lumbung hut which directly overlooks the pool, and has glimpses of the beachside and neighbouring islands. The inside of the hut is very small but has loads of character, and down some steep steps to the rear is the outdoor bathroom. At the front is the large raised balcony with sunbeds that get sun all day long! Underneath the villa is a dining area, hammock and large day bed...which was also the favourite spot of a couple of local cats and their kittens who we were happy to see each day (and steal them food from the breakfast buffet)

The pool area was nice. When we first arrived it did look very busy with lots of people getting drunk and cheesy chart music coming out of the speakers, but it turned out it was just occasionally like this during happy hour, and was actually very chilled most of the time. Generally I preferred sunbathing on one of the hotels loungers on the beach, which was literally like paradise!

The breakfast buffet was the largest and most impressive out of the 4 resorts we stayed on our holiday. The restaurant had a decent selection of stuff available too. The staff were also the friendliest out of all the places we stayed, which was even more evident after being there for a week. I don't think I've encountered anyone as warm and friendly as the people of Indonesia. Big ups to the bar man Ferry for entertaining us with his excellent attempt at a Scottish accent and use of the word Jobbie!

Gili Trawangan is dubbed the party island, and while we were up for a bit of partying, we found that we were generally in bed pretty early...lots of sun is pretty tiring! So we didn't really see much in the way of partying, and during the day the island is on a much more relaxed vibe with chilled beats and reggae filtering out of the different bars. Just the occasional local adorned in long hair and neon raybans asking us if we want to get high! One slight complaint about Ombak for me was the music...the bar was often churning out sickly holiday chart/dance music and there was a band playing every second night or so that played the type of covers you would hear at wedding! It was very loud in our room, and I'd expected less mainstream cheese and more stuff that would appeal to the discerning listener. Fortunately there was good music in the other bars, just annoying we were irritated slightly by all of the music at Ombak.

We explored the surrounding areas by bike and boat. The quieter side of the island is like a ghost town in places with a few large resorts and several more being built or sitting empty. But the beaches are beautiful and you can see the sunsets from that side. We also took a glass bottomed boat ride through the crystal clear waters round the other two smaller islands Gili Meno and Gili Air, where we stopped for some food and beers. Gili Air could possibly be even nicer than Trawangan, so we'd definitely stay there as well if we come back. The waters around the islands are full of marine life, we were even lucky enough to see three large turtles.

One thing we wondered about was how well the horses are looked after. They often look tired, hot and overworked. We didn't once see one getting any food or water.

We unwillingly left the island yesterday, and headed back to Bali via a long and uncomfortable boat/minibus journey. I'd say the Gili Islands are my favourite holiday destination so far and would love to come back, although next time we'll probably just fly straight to Lombok! I imagine the Gili Islands will be a very different place in 10 years time...so best to go pretty soon before it suffers the same fate as places like Ibiza and koh phanang!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Vila Ombak must be one of the first, if not the first, higher end hotels on the island. As a result, operations run smoothly in its own island-like pace. I stayed at the huts which for a bit of extra cost seemed to me much nicer than the general rooms. I loved the outdoor showers, the generous morning buffet, the beautiful gardens. A great asset is also the central location of the hotel but at the same time, the place is quite well shielded from the party noise down the street.

For those who appreciate quality food, Pearl Lounge next door to the right is highly recommended. The Pearl Lounge also has its own pool which is much better and fresher than the main one of the hotel.

Also, if you would like to do some diving, I'd recommend the dive shop of the hotel as it has well-maintained equipment and safety conscious staff. The prices are the same across the island but the offering of some other dive shops on the island are really bad.

Well-heeled travellers will spot some flaws with Vila Ombak here and there but I do not consider it material so will leave it to someone else to make a comment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miss_GrumpyCat
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel , i got upgraded to a room with its own pool ! Needless to say it was fantastic , the staff are so friendly and cant do enough for you and jn 3 months i think they win the prize for the best breakfast ! I also did 9 dives with the hotel dive centre who were excellent ! I loved gilii trawengan and this hotel , could have spent a month there ! Totally recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013