“Great service - Italian food was delicious!”
Review of Danima Restaurant

Danima Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gold Coast, Australia
“Great service - Italian food was delicious!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The restaurant has a nice ambience either under cover or under the stars. Its a little quieter up towards the top of Gili T but worth the little bit of bike ride to taste the good home cooked Italian food. The staff gave exceptional service and were friendly. Quiet spot with great food for the romantic holidayers!

Visited April 2014

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Albany, Australia
“Lovely Italian food.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had the most surprising dessert called chocolate salami. Absolutely delicious! Only sad part was they didn't have the ingredients for a Mojito.

Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
“Underwhelming Italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

After seeing some of the reviews and being disappointed in "Il Pirata" we decided to try Danima which had some good reviews. One table near us ordered baguettes and said they had been good the day before. We should have ordered them although not Italian food which we wanted. After two months of Indonesian food we just thought we would give this a try. We met people that enjoyed staying there and the location is good, quiet and tables on the beach but that is where most of the good part ends. "Robbie" the waiter was very friendly and did advise us that the Italian owners were away but that the chef had been trained by the Italian owner so we thought that we would give it a try. My husband's bruschetta was good and a reasonable price but I ordered minestrone and I thought that he had made a mistake with the order as what I got was a bright yellow thick corn and maybe pumpkin soup. A couple of other diners also saw this and shook their heads. Robbie then tried to tell me that this was minestrone and it was like that because it had been blended?? I did get a picture of minestrone on my phone and showed him but he still tried to convince me that it was minestrone. For rph75,000 I thought it was overpriced.
I asked for some chilli to spice it up but that was forgotten. I then had a grilled fish/squid/prawn dish which was OK but with 1large prawn, a small piece of fish and two small pieces of squid also expensive compared to other establishments. My husband had the spaghetti with shellfish and both his prawns and my large prawn were overcooked and leathery. As stated in another review the main course was more like an entree size. Maybe they shouldn't try the Italian food unless the owners are there. At over $44 with only lemon squash and tonic water it was expensive.

• Visited March 2014
“Friendly service, good food. ”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Friendly well spoken staff, dinner was good but serves not big. We went to sit outside on the beach, looked like a lovely setting but got attacked by Mosquitos. Moved inside and they were not a problem.

Would recommend and return.

melbourne
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Beautiful authentic Italian food, well worth a little bit of extra money to eat here and very romantic and private sitting on the beach..lovely

Visited November 2013