“A retreat ”

Kayu Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Gili Trawangan
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Kayu cafe is now open on Gili Trawangan. Our beach front cafe offers healthy food and juices in a stylish air-conditioned setting. Coffees, cold pressed juices, freshly baked breads and cakes are our specialty. Enjoy a coffee and cake with a view from our second floor balcony or our antique beach front terrace. We also have a special menu for dinner hours, serving Asian-fusion choices, including a selection of tapas. Feel free to indulge in our cocktails and wine selection.
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Kayu cannot say enough good things about this place think whole foods in a cafe environment where you can order white egg omelettes , goji berry Spirulina balls and amazing smoothies with coconut milk . The place has an nice cool chill vibe which is also reflected in the people that go there . It also has great Illy coffee which you can also get in take away cups (it's the little things) the outside area has beautiful wooden chairs that you can lounge on the two front seats face the beach and is a stunning setting for a sunset accompanied by a young fresh coconut . We ate here every morning . They also sell health food products the energy bars are good to take away with you on snorkelling trips and boat rides instead of those endless packets of chips they love to sell in every other store. I couldn't recommend this place enough . Cxx

There are newer reviews for Kayu Cafe

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

A nice busy cafe just by the beach. The falafel is wonderful, do not miss it! The large variation of home made cakes shouldn't disappoint anyone ;)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This cafe is relaxing, overlooking the beach. The food is excellent! Certainly value for money as compared to other eating places in Gili Trawangan. I liked the pumpkin soup, the big breakfast and the cappucino was awesome! :)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

A lovely little organic based cafe that has not only the best illy coffee on the island, but good healthy shakes, smoothies, etc along with a variety of cakes and pastries. Kayu excels in decor, with lovely outdoor seats and wood carvings, and of course the nicest toilet in a cafe on the island.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I came here twice during my three days visit in Gili. The cafe has Western and Asian food to choose. I preferred something Asian of course (after all I was in Asia). The pad thai was very delicious. It came in big portion too. So my husband had to help me :) The price is ok. If you have a little space left in your tummy, there is a collection of cakes to choose from. What was interesting for me was the fresh juices! Those fruits/ plants I had never heard of. Delightful, colorful, yummy and healthy. It was an exotic experience!

You should definitely try the outdoor seating. It's breezy and less crowded, plus you can enjoy the view of blue beach water, white sand and islands nearby.