“The nicest owners/staff!”

Ranked #4 of 154 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“The nicest owners/staff!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Denise and Robert came to pick us up from the beach when we arrived from Gili M on a small boat. The welcoming was so warm that we knew right away that we had made a good choice with Gili Nyepi.

The room was simple but very clean (don't expect tv or dvd etc). It had a big bathroom with cold well water (little salty). Water is just fine for showering, no worries. The rooms are cleaned daily. The porch is really nice and the garden is beautiful.

We first worried if the place will be loud at nights but it wasn't. Yes, you may hear some noise from far away but we (light sleepers) didn't have any problems sleeping at all.

But the one thing that made this place are the people. Always smiling and ready to do nearly anything for you. We rented bikes, did a snorkeling trip, washed some laundry etc. The staff organized everything for us. Prices for services are very good as well as the water or beverages.

When we left our luggage was taken to the jetty for us and Denise escorted us all the way personally and stayed talking with us when we had to wait for our boat. Lovely lady.

She's about to have her own yoga studio soon nearby the hotel so if you're interested ask for lessons!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at Gili Nyepi for 4 nights. Location is good, only a few minutes from the food market and main strip, but far enough away from the noise. Rooms are spacious and clean, the deck in front of the rooms are a nice place to sit and relax (and enjoy the beautiful garden). Bathroom is large and clean. Wifi was good, but was down sometimes due to power cuts (so the entire island had no wifi). The breakfast is good, not a huge variety but good quality. The owner is very nice and helpful, she helped me arranging tickets to get to Gili Air and even walked me to the harbour, so friendly! Also prices are quite reasonable. All in all, a good no-frills place to stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: the last bungalow has quite low wifi reception so choose one closer to the entrance if you want good...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My 16 YO son and myself stayed here for 4 nights the room was really good and far exceeded my expectations, the ac worked very well and the breakfasts were great and made to order. Denise and her helpers were very helpful, Denise explained to us about the island and what to see and where eat. They also organized a snorkeling trip for to the other islands which was very good.
My son was unwell during our stay on Gili and Denise helped us with visiting a clinic.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay at GILI NYEPI and the accommodation was very good, when you sometimes book accommodation you are never really sure of what you are going to get, but with Gili Nyepi it was described exactly right.
We were met at the boat and our luggage was taken back to the boat when we left, which was very helpful, I had phoned Denise to let her know our boat arrival time before we left Bali.
Gili Nyepi is in a very good and quiet location just up the road from the night markets.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bearone
Embrach, Schweiz
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

First I wanted to stay for 2 or 3 nights! But because Denise, John and her Staff were so lovely I stayed a week. Nice and clean rooms with a beautiful garden. Robert makes the best pancackes on the island. near to the hot spots! Thank you and good luck!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at Gili Nyepi for four nights and it was amazing. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, private bathroom and a terrace to enjoy the delicious breakfast.
I would definitely stay again - and hope to come back.
Thanks to Denice (and all her helpers) for a great Christmas!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The best place I've stayed at for a looong time. Unbelievably good value with a big, clean room with a porch, set in a beautiful garden bang in the middle of all the action of Gili T. Denise, Robert and the other staff went out of their way to look after me. When they found out I had a daily morning yoga practice they quickly arranged for me to use a roof top room with cushions and a little altar. As it is so close to the main street, it can be noisy at night so would recommend earplugs to light sleepers like myself. The quality of the service and accommodation exceeds any nuisance however. Can really recommend the freshly barbecued sea food at the night market only a few minutes away. Most delicious X-mas dinner I've ever had!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel was exactly what I needed after a few months of hostel rooms and sleepless nights. Denise, the owner was fantastic. Very warm, friendly and welcoming. She helped point out some great food recommendations, locations in the islands and things to do in the area. The room I stayed in had an ensuit, and although it had no hot water, the water seemed to always be the perfect temperature for the weather outside. Never missed having hot water at all. One small draw back was the sound of the two mosques throughout the day. It was a little noisy with the two of them, but nothing you can do about that. The location was otherwise perfect, about 200m from the night market and tucked away off the main strip (so you don't hear any of the music from the bars at all) The A/C worked fantastically well, and the front porch area in front of the room was a great place to enjoy breakfast in the mornings. Breakfast was delicious and made fresh to order. They also had the option of refilling water bottles (for half the price of buying a new one), which is a great way to cut down on the amount of plastic generated on the island. Over all really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo