“Fantastic”
Review of Gili Nyepi

Gili Nyepi
Ranked #4 of 170 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at Gili Nyepi for four nights and it was amazing. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, private bathroom and a terrace to enjoy the delicious breakfast.
I would definitely stay again - and hope to come back.
Thanks to Denice (and all her helpers) for a great Christmas!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The best place I've stayed at for a looong time. Unbelievably good value with a big, clean room with a porch, set in a beautiful garden bang in the middle of all the action of Gili T. Denise, Robert and the other staff went out of their way to look after me. When they found out I had a daily morning yoga practice they quickly arranged for me to use a roof top room with cushions and a little altar. As it is so close to the main street, it can be noisy at night so would recommend earplugs to light sleepers like myself. The quality of the service and accommodation exceeds any nuisance however. Can really recommend the freshly barbecued sea food at the night market only a few minutes away. Most delicious X-mas dinner I've ever had!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel was exactly what I needed after a few months of hostel rooms and sleepless nights. Denise, the owner was fantastic. Very warm, friendly and welcoming. She helped point out some great food recommendations, locations in the islands and things to do in the area. The room I stayed in had an ensuit, and although it had no hot water, the water seemed to always be the perfect temperature for the weather outside. Never missed having hot water at all. One small draw back was the sound of the two mosques throughout the day. It was a little noisy with the two of them, but nothing you can do about that. The location was otherwise perfect, about 200m from the night market and tucked away off the main strip (so you don't hear any of the music from the bars at all) The A/C worked fantastically well, and the front porch area in front of the room was a great place to enjoy breakfast in the mornings. Breakfast was delicious and made fresh to order. They also had the option of refilling water bottles (for half the price of buying a new one), which is a great way to cut down on the amount of plastic generated on the island. Over all really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I originally booked for 7 nights but extended my stay to 11 nights as I felt very much at home! Denise and her Husband were truly wonderful hosts, never too busy to stop what they were doing to pass the time of day or give me advice etc. In particular, Denise went out of her way to take me to a local market and had lunch with me on another occasion which made me feel like a friend rather than a guest. In addition, she arranged a snorkling trip and my return boat to Lombok which she personally escorted me to.
Regarding the resort: the rooms are really nice and the gardens have an array of colour and were very relaxing to enjoy. Staff were extremely friendly, always with a smile on their faces and a helping hand.
Finally, I have travelled all over the world and can honestly say that my trip to Gili Nyepi rates top of my list!
June - Lancashire, England.

Room Tip: All good rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed 2 night in Gili Nyepi with my wife. I and my wife love it so much. The hotel is simple with garden view (garden is one of our reon why we choose this hotel), the Hotel Owner (Danise) is very helpful. She give me a lot information about Gili. Also, 2 staffs (Ari and Robert) are very humble guy. Everytime we meet them, they full of smile made our felling just like home. In general, Gili Nyepi is perfect. Big room witg AC and fan. Our 2 night stay was very good. I would to recommend this place for anybody who want to fell the silent place. Next time, for sure we will comeback and stay longer. Gili Nyepi is hour home away from home.

Room Tip: Choose the double bed room if you want something romantic. All the room are nice with garden view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WayanJuliImki
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The bungalows at Gili Nyepi are absolutely beautiful, all with gorgeous big beds, a terrace and ac. It's a real find and an oasis of calm on busy Gili Trawangan. Even better than the lovely setting though are the staff; Denise is very kind and hospitable and actually replies to emails (what a joy!) and Robert is absolutely charming and so wiling to help with every little thing. Their warm and welcoming attitude absolutely made our stay at Gili Nyepi the best of all our time in Indonesia. An absolute find. Thank you, Robert and Denise!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed @ GiLI Nyepi only two nights but would have stayed our whole 6 days in the Gilis instead of in the other two places that we had already prebooked.
It was a very nice stay, the garden is very beautiful and reminds me of my garden in Spain with the red Bougainvillea.
Denise, the owner of the place cares about her guests a lot, we had many talks with her and enjoyed the two days.
We wil come back again whith our children :)
Thanks!