“Absolutely amazing!”

Wood Stock Home Stay
Ranked #18 of 174 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at Woodstock Homestay for a week, even though we didn't plan to. The hotel is located 4min away from the beach and is very beautiful. The hotel is run by Karin, a german lady, and her partner. They have (I think) 11 bungalows with open-air bathrooms (really beautiful).
The pool is great and they have a lot of big pillows and stuff so you can chill out all day long. The staff is the kindest I've met in Indonesia, they take care of you, they show you some spots on the island, take you snorkeling and show you the sunset from the hill. In the morning they serve you an amazing breakfast with pancakes, eggs any style, fruit plate, fresh fruit juice, homemade bread and jam and honey, super good coffee and tea. They have towels for you, they rent bikes (for less than on the island) and you can have a whole snorkeling equipment.
I really recommend this place, it's the best on the island with an absolutely good price for an amazing quality. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place was absolutely lovely. My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 2014. Rooms are nice and airy (although a little dark) with mosquito nets. Bathrooms are open to the outside, so you'll have a lot of lizard friends. The staff were PHENOMENAL. They helped us book boat tickets to and from the island, and when the boat was canceled due to severe weather conditions, they found us at the NEW place we were staying (there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with Woodstock, but we moved because my friends wanted to stay somewhere "fancy") and helped us figure out how to get back to Ubud. There are cats everywhere, so if you don't like cats you should stay somewhere else. The complimentary breakfast was AMAZING -- the best I've had on any of my travels. A+!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank superblueridge
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The review below me is extremely well said! I agree to all his/her points.

I had a great stay (5 day stay) a Woodstock. It is about 5-6 minutes walk from the beach, which was perfect - you are close to everything but still a little tucked away to enjoy some privacy.

The pool was great & very refreshing.

Rooms were good (basic, but all you need) and the staff did a great job to keep out the Mosquitos - we didn't get any bites. The open air bathroom was great.

Breakfast was massive, delicious and kept us full for ages. The staff are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements and cook things to your liking. Speaking of the staff, they are truly what makes the place - friendly, accommodating, and helpful.

They have a water refill system behind reception - please use it, it's cheap & eco-friendly :)

Hope you enjoy your stay - you will love it.

One last note: yes, you hear the mosque. Pretty much anywhere on the small island. It may wake you for a few minutes (or not at all) and you fall back asleep. It blows me away people are complaining about this - it is part of the culture and if it bothers you THAT much - stay home.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank travelgirl31
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Woodstock Homestay (not Little Woodstock) for 8 days over Christmas. The accommodation is basic but has everything you need and, more importantly, is clean and well maintained The pool and breakfast options are great. It makes no difference that this is a 5 minute walk back from the main beach (and it is a lot quieter for it!). However, what really makes the difference here is the staff - on an island where it can take over an hour for a waiter to notice you exist, Woodstock is a remarkable contrast. The staff were always friendly and had a rare ability to notice what needed to be done and do it quickly! Extremely impressive.
This place truly lives up to its motto of "come as a guest, leave as a friend". Will be returning asap.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JP436
Reviewed December 11, 2013

A friend of mine and I stayed here for 5 nights, and we could not have ended up any better on Gili T. Because the other rooms were all taken, we got a family room for the same price as a normal room for 2, which is a luxury in the middle of the trip as we for once both had our own space (one room upstairs and one down). Rooms are very clean (cleaned twice a day by the very nice staff), smell nice, always fresh towels and they look nice. Breakfast is good, and served whenever you want (4 o clock in the afternoon not being an exception). Did I mention that the staff is really friendly and helpful? One night we went out with one of them, and during another time I went to see a local soccer game with one of the staff (Ran, greet him from me if you see him). Also, I would recommend to play cards with them, Lombok style (they ll know what it means, you ll like it). The overall place and swimming pool are also a steal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fishworkss
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with 3 friends and we loved it! The little bungalows are nice and clean, the staff is really friendly and helpful and the breakfast is great. The location is good, because it's just a 5 minute walk from the beach but you are not in the middle of the crowds. The swimming pool is good for a quick little dip to cool off.

To be clear; this review is for Woodstock Homestay! When I looked it up I got confused with Little Woodstock because some of the photos on Tripadvisor are of Little Woodstock as well. Look on the Woodstock Homestay website to get a good impression on how the place looks like (http://woodstockgili.com/node/1). I think Little Woodstock is just as good, but just to prevent any confusion :).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TSchrauwen
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with 4 friends. The place is great, all staff very helpfull, and the breakfast very awesome. Big thanks for Zein and Ran for helping us during our stay (rent bike, snorkling, also for paging my name at harbour). Can't wait to come again next time.

• Stayed: October 2013