“I guess I'm the first to have a bad experience here..”

Wood Stock Home Stay
Ranked #16 of 158 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
“I guess I'm the first to have a bad experience here..”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because it was so highly rated and talked about in the travel books. The website looked amazing. When I arrived it was pouring down rain and I didn't have a great first impression. It's a ways from the beach. My room was way in the back not one of the huts and it was full of Mosquitos. It was dark and damp. When I decided to move the staff was rude and told me he was calling the manager and I would have to wait. It was like I was being scolded. The manager was very nice and wanted to know why I was leaving.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Woodstock is probably one of my best stays during my travelling in Asia: extremely friendly staff and owner, very clean (our room was cleaned twice a day!), huge and tasty breakfast, great pool and relaxation area, tastefully designed garden and rooms - just perfect!
We had to have a flight arranged but couldn't book it ourselves due to the lack of an Indonesian credit card. The manager was extremely helpful and did the booking over a friend and didn't charge any «booking fees». Since the homestay is a bit away from the main beach strip you'll have the quiet environment you might look for after a partying night ;-)
There are some ants and quite some mosquitos but they do pretty much everything to protect you from them, therefore, I think it's fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joanne_782
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Arranged a stay for 2 weeks here so I got a rate of 250k per night.

The rooms are cleaned twice per day. During evening staff sort mosquito net and incense coils.

The staff will take your order outside your room. Breakfast is very generous and kept me going until dinner. Breakfast you can have anytime.

Staff are amazing. They all work really hard and do everything to make you welcome.

Pool is really clean and sunny.

Location is about 10 min walk from main strip which is nice as it is quiet apart from the mosque which can be noisey but I think you will hear it everywhere and id rather listen to mosque for 10 mins than nightclubs all night.

Mosquitos are problematic. I often picked something dark coloured up in my room and had 20 mosquitos fly off it.. the net over the bed is a large cube system and the coils are lit in your room each night. I sometimes woke up with a lot of bites but I cannot hold the guesthouse responsible for this. Its the problem of going to a jungle island.

• Stayed July 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A dive master working on Gili T recommended this homestay to us. It's a great place with a nice atmosphere and clean rooms. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Located a bit inland from the main street, and is actually really quiet. Price in April 2013 was 200k for a fan bungalow and 300k for a large (more hotel type) aircon room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My friend and I have been traveling all over SE Asia for the past 4 months and Woodstock is easily the best place we have stayed by a mile! As soon as we walked in the gate it felt like home. All the staff were smiling and introducing themselves to us. They showed us right to the Jimmy Hendrix bungalow, which was directly beside the pool and informed us that they would clean our room twice a day, once in the mining and once at night, does it get any better?? At night they turned down our bed for us, put down the mosquito net and lit mosquito coils. In the morning as soon as we went out to our little patio they came over and took our order for breakfast, which was the most amazing breakfast I have had in Asia! It included hashbrowns, eggs, ham, tea or coffee, fresh fruit and fruit juice...simply the best. The staff all remembered our names and were super helpful with whatever we needed. The manager Reza even walked us to the harbour when we were leaving and carried my backpack for me. Obviously this home stay goes above and beyond all expectations and you will not regret staying here. We planned to stay for 3 nights and stayed for 7! :) thank you Woodstock! We will be back one day soon for a visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A large group of us stayed in the two family rooms at Woodstock and could not have asked for a better stay! The staff is amazing and made us feel at home. They were very accommodating when we ended up having an extra friend staying with us. The rooms are beautiful bungalows situated along tree-lined paths. There's plenty of space to hang out by the pool and meet other travelers or chat with the staff, and the breakfast they serve is delicious and very filling. We started off every day lounging by the pool enjoying our huge breakfast before heading to the beach.

Woodstock is a bit off the beaten path, which we enjoyed as we got to see a wider variety of people and places than if we had stayed along the beach. The path back is pretty dark at night, so we would not recommend a solo female traveler to stay here alone. Other than that we always felt very safe at Woodstock.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ChristinaN234
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spent two nights at Woodstock Homestay. It can best be described as a nice roustique budget place. Great if you aiming at close to nature, minimum amenities holiday.
+ On the upside:
1) Rooms are done twice a day, mosquito repellent is included.
2) A huge and substantial complimentary breakfast with fresh juice.
3) Hot water.
4) Nice and friendly staff.
5) Cosy home atmosphere.
- On the downside:
1) The place is just too close to the mosque so it's only good for you if you plan to party all the night. Otherwise you will be waken up by regular 5 a.m. muezzin's call for prayer which is quite loud and goes on for 15 minutes.
2) Approximately 10 minutes walk from the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple