“Great value”

Nirwana Guest House & Villa
Ranked #50 of 171 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We staying here for 2 nights with our familly.
I got a room just top off the pool.
Room is very nice, clean with comfortable bed n linen.
Unfortunately i didn't have hot water during our stay. But it's not a big problem, since the island is quite bit hot n humid.
Breakfast was good, and staff are really nice. They help us to arrange a push bike for IDR 50.000/day.Definietly will comeback again.

Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Great stay overall. I had been staying at another part of the island and when I checked out the staff from nirwana came and met me. They had also emailed in advance.

Good wifi, good breakfast and great location. The staff were willing to help with any requests and it wasn't a problem for my friends who were staying elsewhere to come in and visit.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The breakfast was good, with fresh fruits and pancakes. Rooms are new and the restroom was spacious, but decoration was not that good.

It was difficult to communicate in English with the staff, the balcony was not privative and the hotel was not value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

After seeing Gili T, I really had wished we had stayed at one of the other hotel/resort/villas on the quieter side of the island. This hotel is good if you want to be in the heart of the party...spring break style. You are just off the main road where all the tourist stuff- restaurants, shops etc are, but really the other side of the island is so much prettier, with fancier restaurants and quaint non-tourist shops. Also, I found out that the very pretty, quiet resorts on the other side of the island were the same price as this one.

The hotel itself is comfortable- there is air conditioning, television and internet and the staff is friendly. There are a bunch of surfer/youth hostile accommodations in this area, so in comparison with those, this hotel is nice. Beware, the bikes cost $5/day each.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This guest house was fantastic it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It's located one block from the beach and has a refreshing pool. The staff are very friendly and polite. I hope to stay there again when I return to the island.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank leu26
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent 3 nights in Gili at Nirwana and very happy we stayed here. The place is great, peaceful and clean. Its a few minutes walk from all the restaurants, bars and shops. Our room was massive with a great bathroom (and a good shower with fresh water). The staff were fantastic, very helpful and informative. They helped with getting us bikes to cycle around the island and arranged the boat back to Bali for us. All in all a great stay and would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm a demanding hotel guest who never spent a night in a hotel below 4 stars in my life. Decided to book this place as it had received great reviews and the resorts that were available were 3-star ones anyway, so I might as well try something new, right?
Prior to my arrival, I received informative e-mails from the manager, who even offered to meet us at the pier for our convenience. The place is situated on a quiet and somewhat clean (compared to the rest of the island) back street just a few blocks from the pier. Do not take the cidomo (horse cart) unless your bags are extremely heavy. It's a 3 min walk from the pier and less than 1 minute away from the main street with its restaurants, the beach, all kinds of shops, a 24 h hospital and the night market.

The hostel itself was immaculately clean, the furniture modest but new and in great condition. The nicely tiled bathroom with its walk in shower (hot water, good pressure) really surprised me, it was better than one of the 4 star resorts we'd stayed at in Bali! Sheets and towels were of good quality, nice clean pool and good breakfast, made to order from fresh ingredients and served within a few minutes. The service staff are friendly and helpful although they don't speak good English, they try their best. My friend who suffers from heavy migraines fell ill on the second day and was very well taken care of by the guys who made sure she stayed hydrated, got sleep and food once she woke up (even though the kitchen was closed).

I would stay here again, as well as recommend this place to other travellers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends