“Best Dive experience”

Buddha Dive
Ranked #21 of 40 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba diving center, daily dive trips and lessons, scuba diving courses, PADI and SSI diving certification. Small groups, flexible schedule and a family-like mood.
Mataram, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dive experience”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Thankyou verymuch for buddha dive and therese,...
finally i got my open water for the first time..
i want this from last time, but i am affraid to breath underwater..
but therese help me, we spend 3 days in nice place we go to manta poin, halik etc..
nice view..
the first day was very amazing.. the pool is very clean, and the stafs are helpfull

Thnk guys

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rachma K

Arnhem, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very nice dive school ”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

For everyone who wants to experience diving, you should definitely go to Buddha dive. I was frightened before we even started, but now I already graduated into a deep adventured diver. Madeleine is a very kind and patient instructor and also the others are friendly and helpful. Thanks so much guys!

1 Thank Mirjam91
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Their policies just suck”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I lost money due their bike rent policies, which are caused by the owner. Staff can't speak English even by local standards, but Swede scuba instuctors were great!

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Karri-Pekka K
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The dive was the best part of the whole trip.”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went for a dive at shark point off Gili T. Just myself and instructor Therese who was very good. Best part of the whole trip.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wee-muileach
Oakland, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Private diving lessons with friendly staff and a clean pool”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Formerly known as Star Dive and Dive Indonesia, in operation since 1981, the Buddha Dive center provides scuba diving in very small groups (up to 4 people), allowing for more individual attention. They had the clearest, most inviting and attractive pool of all the dive shops. The pool was why we chose Buddha Dive, which you can spot by the giant Buddha statue sitting on the money frog out in front.

Its unpopularity was actually a boon for me and my boyfriend. Because there were so few customers, we essentially got private lessons for the same price ($370 USD) that other people pay to get PADI certified at other dive shops on the island. We were the only 2 students in class, whereas other dive boats were full of 10 or so students per class.

Buddha Dive's equipment may be old and tattered, but they were completely functional. The boat was clean and well-maintained. It was the first boat I ever felt comfortable sitting on the floor of. They even towed Manta Dive's boat when its engine broke.

My instructor, Therese, was a charming Swede who possessed a sharp eye for rare underwater creatures, such as flatworms, that I would have otherwise missed. She accommodated our schedule and compressed a 3-day PADI certification course into 2 days. We just had to sacrifice 2 sunsets to study our books and DVDs after the pool and open water sessions.

The crew was very helpful and efficient in preparing equipment and helping us load them back into the boat after a dive. They dropped hints if I forgot a step in preparing my gear.

I did not stay in the Buddha Dive hotel, so I cannot opine much on its condition except that it looked like it was in the midst of much-needed renovations.

Visited October 2013