“Italian pizza, Indonesian service”
Review of Il Pirata - CLOSED

Il Pirata
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Tasty, thin crust pizza made by the Italian owner. The pizza comes out fast as long as the owner is working. When the other chef is there the pizza is still great, but takes longer. The garden is nice, but can be packed at peak times. I would recommend eating there, not takeaway or delivery, because the crust can get soggy sitting in the box.

The service is pretty typical for Indonesia, slow and unreliable, except for the woman who works at the register. I forget her name, but she is efficient and notices when other servers have forgotten something, like, the drinks you ordered 15 minutes ago, and she steps in to help out.

Recommend the salad and tomato and arugula pizza. Drink prices here higher than average.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Average pizza, but huge sizes and very well priced. Nice garden setting and seating, was packed and service was very quick

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We visited this pizza place one evening. Very busy the pizzas are great, prices slightly expensive, but, this not unusual for quality food on Gili t. Very difficult to find, small sign on main road must have missed the sign a number of times luckily the people we stayed with new where to find it

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My friend and I went to Il Pirata for dinner and ordered pasta and a pizza, which were above average price. The restaurant was fairly busy, and the cook seemed to be rushing non stop.
My pasta with meat sauce came after roughly 20 minutes, so we had the time to finish our juice and beer by then. Being a slow eater, I started and the pasta was hardly average, slightly undercooked and the sauce tasted like out of the can. Then I was done before my friend's pizza even had landed on our table. Roughly 30 minutes passed between the moment I had my pasta and he got his pizza. They gave him one beer for waiting, but still, when 2 persons go out eating, they expect to eat together and not stare at the other one eating. His pizza however was good.

1  Thank Jokkin
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having eaten Indonesian food every day for over a week, we were ready for some pizza. While a lot of restaurants on the island offer pizza on our menu, Il Pirata was the only one we tried - it's own/run by an Italian and it was really good pizza! We sat at a table in the garden, which was filled with local flowers. Made it a much nicer experience.