“best pizza in indonesia”
Review of Il Pirata - CLOSED

Il Pirata
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“best pizza in indonesia”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you like think crust Italian pizza, and you need a break from all those crazy south east flavors this is the place to go. I'm kind of a pizza snob (I even have my own pizza oven in my back yard) and i know good pizza when i taste it. The reason this place knows what's it's doing compared to any other pizza place (including nice restaurants) is because it's run by an italian who makes the pizza himself.
Tip:
Don't feel you have to order directly off the menu either, Just pick your favorite 2-3 ingredients and it will come out right. Also, they are only open for dinner.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Orinda4Life

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Paris
“The best pizza in the world!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The bread was excellent. The flavour of the tomato base was excellent. I don't know how he gets those results in Asia where the same ingredients are not available as in Italy.
But however he does it (the Italian chef), I recommend you go and taste it!
In addition, the restaurant is in the small streets further inland than the beach road so it's quiet, and you can eat inside or outside in the garden. The waitresses provided very nice service. (At this point my husband would also like to point out that the waitress was also very beautiful).
The past and salad was also great. We went back twice in 2 days !

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ParisTraveller17
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Burned pizza and bad service => very disapointed !”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I loved pizza so when I saw few good advice in tripadvisor i say to my girlfriend let give a try !! The choice in the menu was already very small as two pizza as identical only the toppings was writes in different order ! But we have a try . My pizza came alright and the one of my Gf almost burned ! That can happen so we just ask if they could redo it . The answer was a big NO and then we had to wait 10 minutes every time . The waitress like not wanted speak to us ! My pizza was not even good just average and the bill was high for gili trawangan . I recommend the pizza in coral beach on another side of the island !

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank narcisseWorld
Edinburgh
“Best pizza outside of... Anywhere”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A strange idea to have a pizza restaurant off the main drag of a tiny Indonesian town, but it works!! Pirates pizza is amazing great cheap to sauce ratio ( I'm a stickler like that) great range of toppings and beautifully cooked in a large stone oven.

A must eat....

Visited January 2013
1 Thank egypt1am
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Best Pizza I've Ever Had”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Found out about this place from a local diving center and went that evening for our last meal on the island. The restaurant is fairly small so we were lucky to get a table straight away. Service was great and the pizza was simply amazing, best pizza I have ever had and thats no exaggeration.

People were queuing to get into the restaurant its that good, if you are fortunate to go to Gili Trawangan make sure you go to this place. The Nuttela pizza as a desert was also really good!

• Visited April 2013