“2nd best pizza on Gili T!”
Review of Il Pirata - CLOSED

Il Pirata
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We like Il Pirata very much. A little bit more expensive than other pizza on the island but worth it. It is in a lovely setting and gardens just off the main drag. It is always a good atmosphere in there and the owner always makes an effort to speak with his customers. The have a small selection of pasta too and I would highly recommend the spaghetti...cooked to perfection! I would like to see a wider range of toppings on offer but other than that, I can't fault it!

1  Thank lolbean
There are newer reviews for Il Pirata

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went with a group of folks to line our bellies before the weekly party. They were willing to be creative and add all sorts of toppings to our chosen pizza. Service was good, and pizza lovely. Worth the hunt to find it!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been on Gili T for two weeks..so have tried our fair few restaurants! We've had take-away pizzas twice here and both times they were really good. We had to wait a little while as the restaurant was busy and only one chef making pizzas, but well worth the wait!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

At the recommendation of our dive shop operators, our family of 6 ate at this little gem twice in our 4 days on Gili T. I am certain had we found it sooner we would have been there more often! The pizza is simply the best on Gili T and after having lived in Asia for 7 years.... it might be the best pizza I have had in this part of the world. (I am originally from New York so my pizza expectations are high!) Alberto the owner and Antonio, the pizza chef are a terrific team from Italy. Even though this pizza place has only been open for less than a year and a bit off the beaten track, it was packed each time we went. Service was good, food was great, prices were reasonable. What more can you want? From the main road/central business area on Gili T find the Yoga Freedivers sign and go up the alley about a 3 min walk. FYI: Its closed on Tuesdays.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Real italians. Real pizzas. There´s really nothing more to say, but this review has to be more than 50 characters. When I think of all the pizzas I didn´t have there, I could actually cry.