“Nice little 5 room hotel 100m away from the action”
Review of Giliano Residence

Giliano Residence
Perth, Australia
“Nice little 5 room hotel 100m away from the action”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Really didn't know what to expect (wasn't expecting alot) so was pleasantly surprised. 100m down a dusty room from the beach a large door opens open an enclosed area housing approx 5 neat and tidy rooms each with their own little terrace overlooking a little grassed courtyard. Really lovey little spot if you want to unwind and not be too close to where its noisy after 10pm. The caretaker is a lovely man who helped get us to the jetty to go back to Lombok. Very comfortable bed and very clean, highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Matera, Italy
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Giliano Residence is nice place very quiet in very good location at walking distance from the main attraction that Gili Trawangan offer.Breakfast is poor,you need to eat something more out.Watch out before you go to sleep if the bed is fresh new made,because my bed was not clean, The guy that works there didn't change the sheets from the last customer. When I realize that i ask to the reception to change my sheet and they do very fast.I have to say that for me in this trip in Asia is not the first time that it happen,please pay attention the place where you will sleep. I start to think that many budget hotel to save money dont change the sheet.

Room Tip: Any room is fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Booked originally 3 nights from Hotels.com. When we arrived to the location they told us that they had overbooked the place and had to move us to another place. The replacing place didn't meet the same standards that we had booked (no hot water for example). And it would have been for the same price and thus over priced.

After insisting to get back to Giliano Residence they managed to arrange 2 nights for us in GR. Stayed for the 2 nights.

The room in GR was nice, clean and everything promised, but we were really pissed off how they tried to treat us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying here now, just walked up to the place 4 nights ago, getting a better deal than online) and after 2 nights decided to extend my stay for 3 extra days (not getting a better deal than online).

Apparently the walk-in's are threatened differently. As I now found out I have to move because they made a double booking. And I have to move because "they might get bad revieuws from the ones that booked online, and might have paid more" seriously?

The place itself is OK; quiet, clean (although my room isn't cleaned, but maybe that's also because they think I can't write a review?). Staff is friendly but with the wrong attitude vs customer service (although they make great breakfasts) and blaiming management for not being able to be of any service; that's not done in my book.

Still have to move to another place, while I really made clear that the double booking issue shouldn't be my problem.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here earlier this month and found the accommodation poor value and overpriced. We paid around $A60 per night. The guesthouse was well located, a short walk to the beachfront restaurants and bars but still quiet and peaceful. The actual bedroom was nice and a good size, the bathroom was damp and rundown. The breakfast was average. We stayed 4 nights and our room was never cleaned nor our balcony swept by staff during that time, although they seemed to have plenty of time to watch TV. On our last day I asked about hiring a bike for the day, he quoted me 5 times the standard fee and walked next door to the hire shop to bring in the exorbitantly priced bike which I promptly declined. No exaggeration it was 5 times the standard hire fee. I got the impression that this place was set up nicely but the staff currently working there are not maintaining the standard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed for one week. The staff are super friendly and kind and speak very good English. They even took me out for the day in Lambok. Its very close to the main strip and all the parties but far enough away so you cant hear anything. This is one of the best places i have ever stayed in. Rooms are tidy and clean and shower i hot. Air conditioning is super cold. I definitely will come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mabs1979
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days after being at a Vila on Gili T for the first 5 days. The staff are super friendly, speak good English and the place is really well kept. If you can get it on special it's a deal compared to elsewhere. One block back from the main drag but far enough away not to be disturbed by the partying. The place has been renovated recently and rooms are big. You get beach and bath towels plus there is mini bar and satellite Tv, AC and rooms are good size. The best part a very hardy breakfast of coffee, juice or fruit, eggs or pancakes. You can hardly hear the mosques either which is great after full days of diving you just want sleep, sleep, sleep. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed May 2013