“Bungalow soldiers”

Aquaddiction Bungalows
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

1 min from the beach, big outdoor bathroom, a rooftop bar where you can watch movies and have beers, nice staff! The owner is always around and very helpful. Perfect place to hang out and to have a good time. I can only recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I spent 6 nights in the bungalow.. was the first time that I have slept in a bungalow.
the coolest thing was taking shower under the stars, yes because the bathroom is outside, just amazing!!
Give a try!
the room is quite big, I slept very well!
just maybe one thing, they never cleaned the room, I mean I had to ask.. but
doesn't matter, anyway they did immediately!
Close to the beach, the harbor and clubs.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at Aquaddiction for five nights in a private bungalow. The room was spacious enough, quiet and the hostel is situated close to all amenities, restaurants etc

The gorgeous four post bed was big, clean and comfortable. The room was clean enough upon arrival but no servicing was provided throughout my stay. This didn't bother me as I'm not messy or fussy. No aircon in the bungalows so it does get hot, but turning on the fan and airing out the room easily fixed this of an evening.

I loved the experience of having an outdoor bathroom and showering in the sun, it was fantastic!

The staff were fabulous, chilled out and easy to talk to. I did a refresher diving course as I hadn't dived for a few years. It was quick, easy and reassuring. The dive was amazing and my instructor was easy-going and great. I only wish I'd had more time to do a few more dives and less partying!!

Overall a fabulous place to stay if backpacking or traveling alone and wanting some privacy at a decent price like I do. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend to everyone visiting Gili T! Thanks so much for a great experience guys, I can't wait to return:)

Room Tip: get a bungalow if you want privacy like I did. I didn't get a chance to meet anyone else staying...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in a bungalow with a mate which contained a large comfortable bed. The bungalow had an outdoor bathroom but with western toilets and the accommodation is in a great position with regard to the pier and where the fast boats arrive and depart so you do not have to lug your luggage far.

I did 7 dives in 3 days and had a great time. The Aquaddiction staff are very friendly and approachable, with great advice and knowledge of Gili Trawangan in the water and out. The Dive Instructors were fantastic and very professional. When I go back to Gili T I will be diving with this group again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Bungalow was very clean und good located!
It has an outdoor bathroom which is really a great experience - you can have a shower under the stars.
It is just a few meters from the beautiful beach und just as close to the great partys.
The staff was sooo friendly and we had an amazing time there!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

During my visit to Gili T I stayed in both the hostel and the bungalows and I would definitely recommend both. Immediately we felt welcomed and were shown around the dorm room. As far as the dorm goes it is exactly what you want if you are backpacking. They have low lights which are kept on at night which means you don't get woken up by someone turning the main lights on. They also have lockers and a shelf for each bed which is really helpful. The dorms aren't too loud and I slept really well. Mainly because most people staying here are diving so everyone seemed quite respectful. The whole community at aquaddiction is friendly and Andy always helped us out if we needed anything. I would be happy to stay as a solo traveller as there is always someone around. I also stayed in a bungalow which was really beautiful and romantic and showering outside in the sun was amazing. You never know, if you're lucky you might just fall in love with a lovely Dutch man in the dorm with you...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

i stayed in my own bungalow, which was spacious, large double/queen bed, no a/c hence a fan, spare power point with cold water bathroomoutside with a western toilet.... there are share rooms avaiilable, and a dorm option upstairs if that's your budget.... but what made my holiday on Gili Trawangan staying at Aquaddiction so awesome was the extremely friendly staff and local knowledge of the dive sites... i should have thanked them more, but i'll do that when i head back in a few months...

Room Tip: all rooms will have to deal with the mosque, as does the rest of the island...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo