Booked two nights in this hotel for USD100++ per night (it was during peak season of NYE).
1. Love the loft layout of this hotel! And also the garden theme of the resort (with private verandah too!)
2. Free breakfast was provided and it was delicious with generous portions
3. Italian food served for lunch and dinner was one of the best I've ever had in Gili T
4. Free sarong for each check-in
5. It is a beach-front location
1. Bad circuit problem - will explain next
2. The Italian food was so good but also very expensive, by far one of the most expensive ones I have seen in Gili T.
3. Flies were everywhere in the (seems to be the common problem for every beach-front restaurant in Gili)
4. Customer service was not up to expectation. Part of the problem is language barrier.
The bad circuit story:
On first night, we discovered that the air-conditioning wasn't working, as well as the TV and fridge and some lamps. The rest were working. The receptionist sent trainee staff who neither can speak English, nor fix circuit problems. We then decided to look for the manager, a Italian chap who we identified at the lobby. He tried to fix the problem but he couldn't so he tried to call in an electrician for help. Meanwhile, he was apologetic to the problem and treated us for free dinner in the hotel restaurant, where we discovered how delicious (and expensive!) the Italian food was (we probably wouldn't even think of having our meals there on our own).
Unfortunately he couldn't get an electrician so he advised us to check on the switch box at the back of our loft and flip the fuse each time it had a problem. We also had an option to change room the next day if it persisted.
The rest of the night went by smoothly actually so we thought we didn't need to change the room the next day. Unfortunately the problem repeated the next evening and my companion realised it was because of bad circuit and heavy loading. After unplugging the TV (we couldn't watch it anyway because there was no signal), it was OK. We told the manager and the staff but they didn't seem to be concerned how dangerous bad circuit it could be (could be another language barrier issue). We hope whoever checks into that particular loft will not have the same problem or worse, fire. We also hope the management could look into fixing that bad circuit for good. No air conditioning is tolerable but risk of fire is no joke.
The resort is a lovely place, really, so I hope it didn't have to end that way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laguna Gili Resort is located directly on the beach front of Gili Trawangan Island. The Resort is built in harmony with nature and essential element for total comfort of our guest. Our 14 cottages all come with spacious bedroom and living space, with an option for extra bed. It also includes air-condition, minibar, flat screen TV and a safety deposit box. Our large bathroom provides hot and cold shower, a huge mirror and ample space for your personal needs. Each cottage has its own veranda built exclusively with tropical materials such as coconut wood and alang-alang roof, a traditional Lombok-Indonesian grass to create a unique and natural sensation. Exquisite furniture and noble materials such as teak wood harmonize the interiors of the rooms. Stylish marble and wooden floors will ensure luxury and pleasurable stay. Even in the spacious bathroom, the combination of raw marble and wood promise comfort and elegance. The resort is located just a few meters from the ocean, with an exclusive beachfront; it is a perfect place for relaxation with a great view of the smooth waves that embrace the shore. Sunbeds and beach umbrellas are provided to ensure a stress free environment. The Swimming pool is made with orange tile for a modern and unique effect offering radiance and freshness. Our friendly and attentive staff, together with our Indonesian management will ensure that your holiday be pleasurable and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Laguna Gili Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Gili Beach Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan