“Good place, best service, affordable!”

Coral Voice Home Stay and Bar
Ranked #74 of 170 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I went to Gili Trawangan for a week and I chose Coral Voice for the accomodation. I knew Coral Voice from an Indonesian traveller who had visited Gili Trawangan on February 2013. He used Coral Voice to stay there. Then he wrote his journey on his blog. He wrote that Coral Voice was good place and affordable price. So, I chose Coral Voice and that's proven. I saw everything that had been mentioned by him. Good place, spotless, best service, and affordable price. They were also had friendly and helpfull staff. Mr.Mawi and the gang, you're totally awesome! Thank you very much, guys. Hope to see you again!

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

As all experienced travelers know, a real good accommodation differs from the rest when the staff puts their heart in the guests. The manager (?) Mif and his youngsters who runned the place definitely can bed added to that group. Always friendly, social and open for all our needs. Real price worthy bungalows as well. Do not miss this one out!

Room Tip: I do not know.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I found Coral Voice after a tip from a fellow traveller. On arrival to Gili Trawangan, there are many people offering you accomodation but I was so glad I stuck with my tip and went to Coral Voice. From the start, you are treated like a member of the family, which when travelling can be a welcome change. Mawi and the rest of the gang at Coral Voice go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and that you have the best time possible on the island. The rooms are individual bungalow-style each with their own veranda area and hammock and are always spotless. Choose between AC or fan, twin or double rooms, all of which come at a very reasonable price. If you want to take a trip to nearby Lombok, hire a bike, do your laundry, hire a snorkel, go fishing, the guys at Coral Voice will help you, and if they can't do it for you, they will know someone who can. Coral Voice has the perfect balance between relaxing and socialising. My experience at Coral Voice was second to none and lead me back to the island before returning to the UK to visit the friends I had made there. I could not recommend Coral Voice enough, the people there are truly amazing people and anyone who goes there will be guarenteed a wonderful time on Gili Trawangan. Don't miss out!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RachPearl
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at Coral Voice for almost a month. It was the perfect island home. I could have stayed at many other places, god knows I looked, but once I saw the place and met the people I was hooked. CV is gorgeous, clean modern rooms, lovely garden. Mawi and Henky, and their crew are simply the best! They are so fun and friendly, always willing to help and give good advice. They never once tried to sell me drugs or push some tour on me. I could have stayed at cheaper places (not to say that it was expensive), but to me travelling is about people and the CV crew are some of the best locals I met on the island. I was sad to leave the island, but I know I will be back. Thanks Mawi and Henky! Miss you guys!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank n2ocowboy
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If met Mawi 1 1/2 years ago when he worked for a different place. As I was totally addicted to the Island I came back a couple of months later and he could still remember me. BUt things have changed and now he has his own Homestay, Coral Voice! 5 mins. from the Beach, set in the Village. So you don#t have all the trouble from the main strip and the price is with around 15€ unbeatable. In complete I came back 4 more times and now I would say, I have a second family away from home, because whenever I showed I was treated as Family. And that`s excatly how they will treat you, even when you are there for the first time. You don't know where to snorkel, what to eat, what to drink, how to deal with the exotic Asia, nevermind. Those guys will take you by the hand and take care of you!! The Rooms as itself are basic+, means you have AC if you wish, a hammock and a set back peaceful place to relax.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

All I can say is thank you to Mawi, Hagi and the lads at Coral Voice! We stumbled upon this place by chance and were delighted we did, as it was like a home from home!
Great breakfasts everyday, spotless modern rooms, an oasis of calm if you want to chill but we also had great laughs with the staff and their families and many memorable nights out and adventures! The highlight has to be the street BBQ with fish caught that evening. We ended up staying for 10 nights and it was hard to leave! Terimikasih polongs!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank AndyMcDee
Reviewed July 27, 2012

What makes this place special? It's not just the clean and modern rooms and bathrooms, but mainly the incredibly nice and friendly staff. While not on the beach, the place emits a special aura, and does not have the sort of generic beach hotel feel (which many of the other hotels and inns have). Not to mention the attractive prices, delicious breakfast, and many other perks that come with the place. Anja and Kristjan from Slovenia

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple