Review Highlights
visited the best scuba diving institution

Reviewed September 14, 2018
krishnas1252
The best diving experience!

Reviewed July 28, 2018
Aleksandra C
via mobile

All reviews turtle city baby goat open water gili t diving experience diving center pool exercises safety briefing felt safe clown fish octopus feel confident great staff spent days shark point my friend days diving
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I had a great experience with Lutwala Dive getting my Open Water certification.

Prior to arriving Tori was very prompt in communicating with me. When I did arrive, I met John who was friendly and professional in outlining the prices and requirements for the course. They were flexible with my schedule.

My instructor was Jannie. She was a great instructor who made me feel confident, safe, and ensured I had a great time.

The diving was beautiful. I haven’t seen so many turtles or fish on any other previous dives.

Thanks to the entire Lutwala team!

Reviewed September 14, 2018

awesome service and a must for other fellow travelers. best experience although i went once. diving instructors are really superb.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We had the opportunity to dive with Lutwala dive 4 times while in Trawangan and it was amazing!! The manager Joe and his team are so professional and kind, they goe way and beyond to make sure you have the experience of your life while feeling safe. The location where they are situated on the island is the best too. All in all 10/10. We highly recommend diving (or staying) with Lutwala dive.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I had the fortune of diving with Lutwala during my travels and had the most wonderful time! Only having planned for 4 dives, we decided to stay and do an additional 3 dives due to the sheer amazing staff and shop! All the Divemasters and the Instructors are so professional and know how to tailor a dive perfect for you and everyone there makes you feel at so home! If you're on Gili T this shop is definitely worth a visit! (I would even go on to say it's worth it to visit Gili T just for this shop) Thank you guys for making it such memorable trip!

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Had gone for two dives with Lutwala Dive. My instructor Kate was fantastic. She took care of all the minute points. My first dive was at shark point were we saw 03 calves of reef shark. It was amazing. My second dive was at Turtle point. This too was amazing. Only minus was the quality of shoes which need to be improved. Rest all excellent.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

This is a small resort with perhaps 6-10 accommodation units so hidden in gardens that I'm not actually sure of the number! We came in a group of 20+ (I guess the same group as Judith R's and so this review will try to be complementary to hers), so the accommodation next door was recruited too.
Very comfortable rooms, air conditioning (if you need it, natural temperatures very comfortable). Only adverse comment for some units was tendency for shower water to pool on bathroom floor. Remarkably few flying insects - I never needed to use any of the vast supplies of repellent I brought along!
If you don't dive, entertainment can be provided by the cat and parrot population (and by horses next door (Manager is not only a dive instructor but has veterinary experience too, and runs a charitable rescue, rehabilitation and placement service for horses and other animals on the islands, as well as a cat treatment and sterilization program - please visit Charlie, the one-winged pink cockatoo, who is always in need of strokes).
However, although the resort is on the beachfront, this is not really a good swimming beach, as there is a lot of rock and broken coral along with the sand at low tide. Excellent for mooring and accessing dive boats, though, and diving is the main activity of the resort. The two managers are both deeply involved in organizing and running the diving, and there are at least 6 more dive leaders/instructors from America, Canada and Europe as well as from Indonesia to look after the guests, and in addition, the boat crews are just fantastic: if you want to be coddled on the way in and out of the water, these guys are experts - and seem really to delight in it.
On shore there is a small secluded recreation pool as well as 2 other pools more suitable for initial training and checking out novice divers.
Of course you will want to be fed as well, and there is an enthusiastic and speedy kitchen staff, with a semi-indoor breakfast room at the back of the main building and a large semi-outdoor area available for dining at the front. The food was basic but excellent and very cheap. We were there during Ramadan, so the evening meals were taken at some of the wide variety of local restaurants. I am not sure whether this would be necessary at other times.
We were taken to many different dive sites, ranging mainly between 12 and 28m. The deepest bottom depth I recorded during a dive was 34m. Although the diving was very good, with a very wide variety and high concentration of interesting creatures of all sizes, this is not the place to guarantee close encounters with large sharks, whales or mantas, although we were entranced by a manta who came by to be photographed. The water clarity was surprisingly good, but a lot of the bottom consisted of broken coral with many small, fresh formations amongst it. There are dive sites to suit different skill and fitness levels, but to get the most out of this area, you need a reasonable level of fitness so that you don't find the tidal currents at some times and locations too challenging.
All in all, terrific value and highly recommended for all skill levels (including zero!) - a very friendly and comfortable place for non-diving family members too.
Recommended length of stay 5-10days
- Oh! bring reef-safe sunscreen (no oxybenzone etc - e.g. zinc oxide types including 'invisible')

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Doing our Open Water Course was something that we had on our bucket list for a while. However, we were unsure of where to safely do it. Lutwala Dive was the perfect choice. We wanted to complete the course in French. Tom, our instructor, and Naomi, a Dive Master, were just awesome! They had great French speaking skills. They are great divers with a lot of experience. They made us feel comfortable by their professionalism and patience. The environment at the dive center is really friendly. We were well structured being only us and the two monitors for the whole course. We really appreciated our experience. We definitely recommend Lutwala Dive and particularly Tom and Naomi! :)

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Resmek, a Swidish, Dan from Zimbabwe and Jaideep from Mumbai and not to forget Tone, I guess from AU, a photographer, did a marvellous job. My kids r still overwhelmed witnessing that huge turtle. Also my special thanks to the owner and lady at the reception(sorry I forgot your name).

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Our dive club recently visited Lutwala Dive on Gili T. This resort is specifically set up for diving and they run dive courses and adventure diving. The accommodation was better than I expected - very comfortable without being 'resorty.' The couple who manage Lutwala run a tight ship and nothing was too much trouble for them. We felt very well cared for. I think Australian divers are well trained and safety conscious. My only concern was that we dived in groups of up to 5 with a leader but were not given 'buddy pairs'. The buddy system is deeply ingrained in me so I felt uncomfortable without it. However, I think that Lutwala provided care above the industry standard for Indonesia. Well organised with staff to look after my gear. They also went out of their way to provide Nitrox. The diving itself was very pleasant with water 29 degrees C. The dive masters mostly very enthusiastic. The boats were stable and comfortable. Lots of turtles. A couple of rays but not a lot of big stuff. Visibility 25m plus almost every dive. All in all great value for money and I do highly recommend Lutwala.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I went for a fun dive to this very well organized establishment.
It turn out to be a very entertaining and safe diving experience. I'll recommend.
Thank you Tom.