“Wonderful experience with great instructors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lutwala Dive

Lutwala Dive
Ranked #9 of 42 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: Lutwala Dive is a PADI 5* IDC centre based on the beautiful north beach of Gili Trawangan in Indonesia. Specialising in small groups for scuba diving courses or fun dives Lutwala offers a relaxed and intimate environment. With private beach, cafe and a high standard of equipment Lutwala Dive is a wonderful place for your scuba diving holiday needs.Listed as one of the top 10 travel destinations by both Lonely Planet and The Times, the Gili Islands are a must for tropical island lovers. Lutwala Dive is located on the scenic north beach of Gili Trawangan, away from the noise and bustle of town, but close enough for an evening out.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience with great instructors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I never tried scuba diving because I thought that my ears wouldn t managed it! I did the scuba diving discovery with my husband! I have to say the experience was amazing...the instructor took the necessary time for me to feel comfortable with my ears. I had to come down and up a couple of times but at the end I managed it! My husband went on with the scuba dive lessons and he was extremly happy with the course! We highly recommend Lutwala Diving School! Huge thanks to Josh and Poppy...

• Indonesian first
Muiden, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Dive School ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and me really enjoyed diving at this dive school. Far away from the busy "strip" on Trawagan, they have a really nice accomodation and superb instructors. My oldest son enjoyed the dives which resulted in his advanced certification. I especially would like to thank Daniel Calatayud, who was the instructor of my 9 year old daughter. He was very patient, very kind and made her enjoy her first dive (Bubble maker) so much! He even created a special diploma for her!

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A class apart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just returned from a two week trip to Gili T and I can't rate Lutwala highly enough.

My wife and I were both AOW but hadn't dived for 4 years or so when we arrived - Nadja took us for a great refresher dive and when we got back, I decided to upgrade my AOW qualification by taking the Rescue diver course. Whilst much of this involved theory and skills sessions at the pool, we were also given plenty of open water practise along the reef edging the north side of the island (some of which you can reach by boat in less than a minute!). As others have already remarked, I similarly found the teaching to be highly professional, very safety focused and very engaging; the equipment provided to be of excellent quality; and the facilities, hospitality and general friendliness of the instructors also top notch.

Whilst I didn't dive with any of the many other outfits on the island during our stay, I really can't imagine that any come close to the standards that Lutwala sets. Our boat was never particularly crowded and we the sites we visited were often free of other divers. The instructors also had great knowledge of the fish and coral that make the reef ecosystems and were great at spotting rays, sharks and turtles.

Thanks particularly to Josh who ran the Rescue course but full credit also to all the other instructors for creating such a warm and welcoming environment. It was a real pleasure to spend a few days in paradise with you all, and we won't forget it.

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First Dive and it's great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Did my PADI Open Water Course and dive for the first time and feel comfortable and confident with the guidance of the dive instructor. I choose Lutwala among so many dive school in Gili and its the right choice, it is located at the north region of the island away from the busy area which is great. Very professional and thanks Roland for the wonderful experiences.

Visited June 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Lutwala?!...best choice on Gili T.!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spent 3 weeks on Gili T. After 2 Days i choose to make a DSD @ the Lutwala Diving School! It was so much fun, i decided to make some courses during the vacation. The school and especially the instructors are awesome. All of them love their job and you will notice it. They are also very professional @ lutwala, but there is always time for some fun!!:) It a very good mix for great holiday experience. If diving is new for you or you already a divemaster i recommend you Lutwala!

Thanks Josh, Roland and Dan for this unforgettable experience and such a great time! I will come back in 2014, that´s 4 sure!

Best regards and take care!

Alex

PS: By the way.....who´s aquadicction???;)

Visited May 2013