“PERFECT. Just book it”
Review of Ricel Homestay

Ricel Homestay
Ranked #38 of 179 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Behold everything you want and need for your stay in Trawangan. Clean sheets, comfy bed, nice owners, peaceful nights. My boyfriend and I moved from a "luxurious" hotel to stay here. You don´t need fancy paint and bathrobes in the Gilis; What we got at Ricel was no more and no less than the perfect room at a great price, with a great secluded location away from the crowd (yet only a few minutes´ walk), genuine home made morning toast and scrambled eggs, and nice owners!!
Another great thing about Ricel versus some of the hostels on the island is that you don´t feel obligated to eat the often unspeakably disgusting lunches and dinners in their restaurants, made by mushroom-stoned teens.
Owner Rusydie is an awesome dude. You´ll usually find him beachfront at Aquaddiction diving centre where he works as a diving instructor. He´s been diving in the area for 9 years and diving with him is SO much fun!! We are definitely going back.

Room Tip: All rooms look the same. Fan rooms have very powerful fans and aircon rooms have great ACs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The rooms are clean and basic, with a nice little patio area overlooking the garden where you sit and take breakfast. The rooms are equipped with both fan (super high power) and aircon. It would have been nice to have had warm water for the shower, but certainly not a problem without. In fact all the "fresh water" on the island is brackish, so you soon get used to having a permanently salty feeling. The owners are very friendly and helpful, offering advice on places to visit (on Lombok too) and where to eat etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trevor W
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am so happy that I stayed at Ricel. Everything about my cottage was excellent, it was clean, cool and in a great location. I would definately stay there again if I am ever lucky enough to return to Gili Trawangan. The owner Rusty was also very informative and knew all the best places to eat & drink.

Room Tip: I opted for aircon but its a personal choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vickyr24
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I met the owner Rusydi outside Aquaddiction dive shop, super nice guy, biggest smile... we were looking for somewhere a little quieter away from the bars (but not too far!), his place was perfect... clean, comfy, and only a short walk to the beach. Nothing was too much trouble, Rusydi recommended restaurants, bars, and eventually took us for our first dive, also awesome. Don't think twice :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andym826
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were all very satisfied with Ricel. Both the room and bathroom is so big, clean, and the light are so bright.It also have table light. I don't mind if there hasn't any TV in the room because we were currently on vacation. the garden is so nice, they have 2 chairs and 1 round table in the terrace with the view of their garden. it;s so nice to wasting time in the night in terrace. The owner, Rusdy is a nice and helpfull people, he pick up in the boat centre, he also give us discount on snorkling with Aqquadiction, he offered us for our brekfast and he'll do anything when we need something even if he's not there (he'll call someone in that homestay to help us). To go to the beach, we only need to walk for about 2 minutes (300 metres). I highly RECOMEND Ricel Homestay for all of us to stay. Next year if I can go to Gili T again, i'll definitely sleep here because I can sleep very well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Farid S
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved everything about this place! Comfy, cheap, very clean, polite and very nice owner. He did everything and also a lot more extra to keep us happy, we really enjoyed it! We stayed there for almost a week, and desided to move into a house with some friends since we were gonna stay a couple of months on the island. But I can highly recomend Ricel Homestay, its a VERY nice place to stay. and I´m telling all of my friends to stay there when they are visiting us, and all of them loves the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LineVic
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked a room online (with AC) on AsiaRooms.com. When we arrived the owner asked us to pay more than the price that was displayed on the website (about 50%). After much bargaining we eventually paid the price of the website. But the guy turned down our AC because he's said that wasn't included in the price we paid. The owner was really not friendly.
Besides the room was allright but kinda far from the beach. It's possible to find the same thing for much cheaper somewhere else on the island.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends